Was inspired to do this #stylechallenge
meme after seeing loish
try it out.
Basically your draw your OC in the style of different artists. This was really fun to do, wanted to branch out and try things I don't try too often, but still artists that resonate with my style enough. SO sure enough, I wanted to test this out on Aubrey!
1. My style.
2. Akira Toriyama- I was the biggest DBZ fan when I was 8, and while my fondness for the show itself has dies down considerably, I admira Toriyama's whimsical style, especially in Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump.
3. Frank Frazetta- Frazetta paints and draws the best women, period. They're gorgeous, but full of such power and energy.
4. John Kricfalusi- Ten years ago, I probably would've dismissed John K's stuff as gross and too cartoony, but I've really come to appreciate how expertly designed and exaggerated his style can get. He clearly is pushing the boundaries on what animation can do, and I really wish more modern cartoons would take this approach instead of having very conservative design, as nice as it looks.
5. Gil Elvgren- The king of cheesecake pinup painting, Elvgren has one of the most appealing painting styles, a style that's best described as 'buttery'.
6. Arthur Pins- Arthur Pins is incredibly great at drawing appealing cartoons that don't feel run of the mill. He's incredibly clean and tight, but able to convey so much emotion and humor into every drawing.