So, ever heard of a little event called PAX? If by some small chance you haven't, check out the official site for more information: www.paxsite.com/Next year they'll be holding the first ever PAX South in San Antonio, TX, and PErIODyC Studios will be attending as an exhibitor!
The convention runs from the 23rd - 25th (in the middle of the week since it's targeted at industry professionals instead of the general public). As if an industry convention isn't crazy enough, we're also going to be launching our Kickstarter that week! We haven't decided if we'll launch it before or during PAX, but expect to see it up and running somewhere between the 20th and 23rd of January.
We have so much cool stuff planned, but it can feel a little overwhelming. Here's what we have planned for the PAX booth:
- A playable demo!
- Improved and expanded version of the Oni-Con demo
- Features improved character controls and an expanded level
- Filmed reactions
- Daily video updates and/or art livestreams (depending on internet availability at the convention center)
- Goodies for sale!
- Typography caricatures
- Kickstarter stuff!
- Immediate gratification for Kickstarter backers that pledge during the convention!
- Applies only to tiers that would already award the goodies mentioned above
- Some items may be special edition and exclusive to people who pledge in person at PAX South
Phew. That's a lot. I mean, the demo alone is a lot, but we're going to be busy little bees for the next 2.5 months straight. Not only are we preparing for the convention, but running a Kickstarter will be a full-time job until the campaign ends. Speaking of which, we have some nifty PR planned for said Kickstarter. PAX is just the tip of the iceberg. Here's what you guys can expect for certain:
- Frequent updates!
- Updates at least twice weekly to our Kickstarter page and social media
- Featuring illustrations, thoughts from our programming and design teams, and more
- Secret character reveals!
- Story characters!
- Boss reveals!
- Q&A sessions with the development team
- 3D modeling streams
- Illustration and painting streams
We have some secret stuff planned too! We have to hammer out a lot of details before we can promise anything, but what I can say for sure is that we plan
to do promotional things in real life. The type of promotion and to what extent we promote is limited to the availability of our teammates and how much cooperation we get from the locals. So, as soon as we know for sure about these extra, secret events, we'll let all of you know. It could just be fliers and street teams, so I don't want to oversell anything, but I'm so excited about the possibilities~