Wow... To take that amount of time to write all of that (with decent grammar/punctuation, even...) I'm duly impressed, and I'm inspired to answer seratim at length.
1) You should check my Fetlife account, over 10K images now (and video clip samples) and my tumblr has some other/different images as well.
Indeed, I have a large CV posted here, and many of the ladies I'm privileged to work with are locals and also newbies/first timers, and so many of my shoots, in that context, don't necessarily work well (for a particular viewer, or even for me...) but as I tell the first timers, the goal of the first shoot together (since I try to build relationships for continued shooting) is to simply get comfortable working in the genre, and with each other... to that end there's way more talking (and laughing and snacking, and playing with my studio cats) than actual shooting and.... as you noted, the sets are perhaps less 'polished' or attractive to the particular viewer.
I also run a paysite (buckeyebound.com) where I post photo/video of my work for paying members... due to that, I have a habit of editing all my sets as if I were posting them to such a site... in other words, the sets have a lot of photos to satisfy subscribers to my site, and not the much less profilic editing of more 'artistic' intent, where 1-6 photos might all I get from a entire shoot. (that pays in one aspect, some models agree later in our relationship to allowing me to publish their work on my paysite (for which they are compensated cash...) and the to-then-unpublished-for-sale sets are already edited and ready to go... most models have no interest in the paysite aspect of my work though.
2) Wishes... Yah... if I could start over, I'd have a better naming convention, appropriate tagging fo my images, etc... that might be just the painfully tedious task to assign to my submissive.
I actually never expected to get this far, go this long in the genre. I've been incredibly fortunate.
3) Experimentals... Yeah, for a while there, particularly when I was stockpiling content for future paysite updates, I was shooting 14-16 girls a month for about 2 years (on top of a then fulltime job & national guard..) and I got burned out... also, with concurrent health problems (inoperable spinal cord tumor, left leg paraparesis and mobility/balance issues) causing me to cut back (Even if I wanted to continue the frentic pace...) and to move to more simple/mobile stuff... my last 4 shoots were all done with iPhone 7+ and edited on that or the iPad... and there are tonnes of editing tools I have yet to explore there. (my usual stuff, shot on a Nikon, editing in photoshop elements and Nik Software's filter suite) and so many of my younger models I know locally from various conventions (sci-fi, cosplay, anime/manga/comics) that I've done a LOT of comic stuff for/with them that you'd never see in this venue.
4) For the most part, if you see ME in an image, you can usually assume that's a scene that would also appear in a corresponding video on my paysite... that'll probably be much rarer ongoing, in that my present mobility issues would look horribly cumbersome on screen...
5) Facial expressions.... My secret... particularly for the most desperate/urgent model expressions... *tickling*. You can assume that my finger probably poking a rib/belly button/armpit (with consent of the model...) because, laughter looks like terror in the right light. (I also shoot tickling fetish video, BTW)
But the choice of gear, scenario is often picked by the model (some pro fetish models 'trade' content with me, so I get the stills, they get the video to sell on their own sites in lieu of pay...)some of the stuff seems to be favorites and that breeds a bit of repetition, other sets are whatever strikes my fancy (and since in this job, I only have to please myself, I'm fortunate) and some sets (I try to make it not obvious) are images from play sessions with my partners..
AS I tell my models, what you see in my images is 99% of what goes on here when I *don't* have a camera in my hands
TYVM for your kind words about my work. Its *extremely* rare I get more than the inarticulate "dat's HOTTTTT!!!" type commentary. Okay, but not particularly useful.
(like, this whole SVE series, shot and edited on iphone... easier since most of the time I'm stuck on the couch lately.)