Well well, this year has already been an eventful one. Many good, and some terribly difficult things have happened just within this month. To the good:
- Been drawing much more.
- losing some weight! (I think)
- I am engaged to my wonderful best friend
- Was a featured artist www.otronicon.org/index.php?op… at the Orlando Science Center's Otronicon 2011
- Many prospective shows to come this year!
- Drawing WAY much more. (did I mention this already?)
- Saved the best for last - My love for God's much stronger than ever!
- On a hiatus from World of Warcraft - although this could be considered a bad thing too, depending on where you stand. Plus I miss playing with my Dad)
The bad, unfortunately:
- still not back in Orlando.
- No regular 40 hr/week job, despite application after application sent.
- The biggest news to impact my family's life, though, is the news of my mom being diagnosed with lung cancer. Even to this day it is still difficult to fathom, so I try to keep myself from thinking about it too much. To help with this, I focus solely on taking care of my mother, making sure she eats and drinks when she needs to, keeping track of when she takes her medicine, and just be a positive influence in her life. It's difficult and scary at times to deal with the reality of the situation, but I know I will see her through and make sure she makes a full recovery.
So there you have it! I have many ideas in store for art ideas and I hope my skills and portfolio continue to improve and grow. Already a month in and I feel like this year is gonna be a fight for change, and I'm gonna throw down
- Listening to: Videogame music - assorted
- Reading: not as much as I should
- Watching: The Office
- Playing: Angry Birds
- Eating: Smaller portions
- Drinking: Sunny D
I really appreciate it man. The outpour of support that my family and I have received has been staggering, and certainly every bit helps. I sincerely am thankful for having met you, and it's encouraging and motivating to know an awesome artist such as yourself. I'm really looking forward to the next coming months, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of it!
I've only known you for 2 months and I'm glad I'll get to know you more as we follow our art passion. You have a good heart and I'm in your corner, buddy. I hope nothing but the best for your family and wish your mom gets a full recovery soon. Talk to you soon.