Unfortunately, our intrepid researcher only has access to records of recent years. In fact, they have only access to records of the years they've worked here. Ah well, that does seem like a good basis to start off. Let us review their notes.
To those reading-- be aware that the notes are worded by a single researcher. There may be spots where their notes are incomplete as a result. Not done out of malice, but simply due to human error.
• In the third month, there was an influx of new Paralogos. It is unsure yet why Lingua had spawned so many at once, but this seemed to be the jumpstart to a new 'Logos era of creation. Though there seems to have been no ill effect from this influx, one does have to wonder what has caused it and what it means for our world.
• Similarly, the last month of this year had Paralogos with a wordfocus that seemed quite foreign to our fair planet. Some seemed to be from ancient civilizations, others were simply unknown to us. Yet, as the Paralogos have taken these words as their focus, we can only assume they are, in fact, legitimate words.
• Our research team has done some extraordinary work, and our results are very clear. A journal has been published concerning specifications on Paralogos levels. This happened during the fifth month of this year. We had some kind Paralogos help us illustrate, though we are still quite unsure why they decided to climb up on top of each other.
• During the tenth month, our celebration of All Hallows Eve was slightly interrupted by a Paralogos, who seemed to have a wordfocus based on one of the decorations. They have found a loving caretaker, fortunately. It does make us wonder, how many Paralogos are around with a wordfocus, but no caretaker or librarian to guide them?
• With that event in the back of our minds, we published a journal on the world itself during the eleventh month.. There are quite a few among us who wonder if it would not be a good idea to catalogue more information, no matter how common the knowledge. Perhaps it is indeed a good idea, if only for posterity.
• A side journal or annex was published during the first month, concerning the tiny creatures that live with some Paralogos. Companions, as you will. These Companions are quite rare, one can only wonder where they come from. It is assumed that they, too, spawn from Lingua itself, as they seem to exclusively bond with Paralogos.
• We have been aware of the magic abilities of Paralogos for quite some time. In the sixth month, we finished our extensive research and published a journal. Though, we have words from caretakers that not everything seems to line up with their experience. We took their word as advice for a training annex.
• Ah yes, the seventh month. Librarians were asked if they were willing to open their library to the public, if only for a day. Some required to fix up their library beforehand, others opened their doors immediately. It was all voluntary, of course..
• In the eighth month, many suffered from the heat, and searched for shade or cooling. A record high for Lingua? Unsure. As Paralogos researchers, the weather has little to do with us. Though even we had to cool down. As for me personally, I simply used shades to guard myself from the sun.
• Paralogos prove once again that they are very easy to influence. With the children required to head back to their schools during the ninth month, many Paralogos also seemed to 'gear up for class', so to speak.
• All Hallows Eve again. Normally, not all that noteworthy, though it seemed some libraries were declared haunted during the tenth month. A simple case of superstition, obviously, though with ghostly Paralogos around.. what has Lingua in store for us..?
• Speaking of haunting.. Our research on Wicked Paralogos had resulted in another published journal. Coincidence, that it was during the same month as these supposed hauntings? Or is there perhaps a Wicked Paralogos lurking in the shadows, causing it all?
• Weather projections seemed to be rather harsh. During the eleventh month, we were told that it was going to be very cold in the coming months, and many people started preparing for the cold.. and.. many Paralogos as well. Hm. Are they influenced by us, or are they the ones influencing?
• Ah, gifting season. We have reasons to believe that Paralogos are trying to fit in more with the rest of us, as they adapt to more social behavior, such as gifting during the final month of the year. Perhaps our thoughts of them getting influenced was all wrong.. It might be simple adaptation.
• ...Considering that they are still handing out gifts during this first month, we believe adaptation might have been a too quick a judgment.
• Curious. Another Paralogos with a wordfocus appeared.. without a caretaker. They seemed to require help for a.. potion? During this second month, to have another Paralogos appear like this.. They claimed themselves a wizard, or.. their wordfocus was such. It seemed that at the end of this event, however, they did find a home. Perhaps worth looking into later on?
• During the third month, smaller Paralogos seemed to.. want attention? Something about being overlooked, and calling this the 'Month of the Small Paralogos'.. Considering their attention seeking continued on into the fourth month, it could hardly be called just a single month. Well, they got their attention, it seemed.
• Well, now, I have no choice but to raise a red flag. We have absolutely no records of the fifth and sixth months. I can hardly write a journal on past events if there is absolutely no proof of anything happening.. Hm. Have things been truly quiet during the first two years of my work? Or are these records also missing...?
• The seventh month seemed to be a moment of remembrance. Many caretakers and librarians stood still by the thought of the younger days of Paralogos. It seemed only prudent to also release our journal on the Paralogos Life Cycle during this period.
• Ah yes, the eighth month of this year. Things have been very hectic, so most reports on this month, as well as the next, were mostly hastily scribbled. Paralogos taking care of libraries, children heading back to school or going on a school trip.. Another hot period, both in activity and temperature.
• But this activity was worth it! During the tenth month, our research journal on Paralogos Wisdom was finally complete. We discovered many positive and negative effects of Paralogos magic was linked directly to their Wisdom. As such, we also released an annex on how to train the Wisdom of a Paralogos.
• Speaking of the tenth month, we did have some issues with Paralogos pranking people and other Paralogos. Supposedly in the spirit of All Hallows Eve. If only they didn't continue doing so during the eleventh month, people might have been less apprehensive about it.
• All over our fair planet, holes have appeared in thin air. Cracks. Gaps. Whatever you wish to name them. They are seemingly flat, cannot be entered and.. fortunately, it seems impossible for things to exit as well. All of these holes seem to be displaying past events.. most of which correspond with what has been written in this very journal so far..
• A wicked Paralogos, namely one with the wordfocus of Time, was behind all those windows in space-time. Fortunately, it has found a home, but we will have to keep track. Not all of these gaps in thin-air have yet dissipated. Whether this is by Time's hands or simply a slow process.. We are as of yet unsure.
• At this point, it is likely clear that most everything was written mostly in past tense. This is simply because this log officially had not been started until this day, at the beginning of the second month. Future events may be written with present tense or past tense, depending on whether they will be written while things are occurring or afterwards.
• ...Why, pray tell, are Paralogos prancing around wearing sunglasses? It is the middle of winter, it makes absolutely no sense for them to do such a thing. In fact, Paralogos are unable to wear them, aren't they? There is one, right outside the window, wearing sunglasses by having them taped to their head and.. aren't those my sunglasses?
• It seems the local Paralogos have gained an interest in helping the flora regain it's former glory. This is a good omen. Perhaps if we all work together, our fair planet can recover from what we've done to it.. Hm, that makes me curious. One of our theories is that Paralogos began appearing as a counter to the dwindling status of Lingua.. If the planet is healed, would Paralogos disappear? I, for one, hope this thought simply stays a thought and won't become reality.
• There is still very little known about Companions. Yet in this fourth month, it seemed there have been new discoveries of Paralogos, already with Companions. I, for one, am glad that there are Blank Paralogos out there finding their word focus and finding good company. They might survive well even without a caretaker, though I definitely hope they'll find a home soon.
• Well, in the spirit of preservation, some Paralogos have taken up photography. It could certainly help with research, so I've given my camera for use in this endeavor.. Though.. That was how it started, anyway. Last time I spotted the Paralogos, it seems they were taking pics of their friends instead.. Well, I should have known they couldn't stay serious for long. That said.. Pictures of Paralogos could also help with research, I suppose, so it's not really an issue.
• That did not take long. It is currently the sixth month, but a month after the Paralogos began taking photos.. and the cameras have already been put away. What Paralogos seem to be carrying now are trophies and awards.. It is unclear where these came from or what purpose they serve, but the Paralogos seem happy enough with them. Thinking about it, perhaps they have been influenced by their caretakers, as it seems the action of collecting seals has spread among them. These seals seem to denote their progress of taking care of Paralogos.. It might be worth looking into, incentivizing the action of taking care of Paralogos should in the long run have a positive effect on Lingua itself.
• Normally this is where I would attempt to wax poetic about how the heat in this seventh month might affect Lingua, but honestly it's too hot to come up with something witty.. And it doesn't seem like the heat has any major effect at this point.. I may have to revise this entry later on. I hope the Paralogos are doing alright in this temperature.
• Perhaps the office is not the best of surroundings to keep a Paralogos. Boredom may strike one easily, and.. it seems that the back of my documentation now has scribbles and what I can only assume is written text on them. I'm glad they are attempting to learn and write, but for some Paralogos, it might be a better idea to just have them do their own thing outside, despite the temperature in this eighth month.
• Though I still am a firm believer that having more food Paralogos means that we'll have a more bountiful harvest.. For a lot of them to end up in my care is slightly more concerning. I'm sorry to say that I cannot take in more of them, but I'd be happy to help Paralogos find a new home if necessary... But, either way, I suppose I'm glad that most of these Paralogos have found a place to live. Perhaps we should start a celebration of food and food Paralogos in this ninth month. Yes.. Yes, I believe I will.
• PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS PLEASE NO MORE SPIDERS
• Ahaha, pardon my outburst from the last entry. It seems SOMEONE has played a prank on me. With. Spiders. In a bucket. And I may have.. panicked somewhat in the face of so many countless spiders. I should have been wary, pranks are always happening during this tenth month. Though I normally find my shoe laces tied rather than my head in a bucket.. full.. of.. spiders....
• In this 11th month.. Or rather, the night upon which this month would begin, there was a break-in at a bookstore, governed by one of the Paralogos. Libraria, or "Libra"?.. Either way, this is terrible news. It seems books were stolen and damaged in this break-in. Apparently, pages have begun spreading in the wind, or as result of the break-in.. Hard to tell the true reason, but they have been spread around. I believe a colleague had also found a page and left it... Ah, drat. I was sure it was around here somewhere..?
• In this last month of the year, I should be excited about all the new research done on bonds and caretakers. But quite frankly, with Paprika missing, all it makes me do is feel sad. Bonds truly are two ways..
• Well. A new year. Perhaps I should formally introduce myself already. I am Thomas Eden, a Paralogos researcher, and caretaker of Paprika. Though I doubt that is news.. He is unfortunately still missing. As for New Years traditions? Well, when I was younger, Paprika and I decided to split up a single bell pepper, and ate it together. It was perhaps a bit silly, but I believe it strengthened our bond. We kept that up for years.. This would be the first time we're missing out on it.
• I'm glad Paprika has finally returned. I was.. definitely concerned. Though, the three Rogue Paralogos he has returned with give me different reasons for concern, as does him spreading the story about a Rogue Paralogos village.. Did we, as a whole, really miss a civilization, even though it's small..? And it's hard not to be worried about the ramifications, of discovering a village full of Paralogos. I fear there may be those with bad intentions..
• After the events of the last few months, it seems Paprika is very tired.. I have never seen a Paralogos like this. We've gathered a lot of bell peppers, and surrounded him with books about vegetables.. I don't think that he is in any further danger.. But I suppose this proves that a Paralogos staying away from their word focus for too long can prove hazardous.. If anything, I think he might already be getting better, because he's more concerned with missing the carnival than his own health.
• Ah, I neglected to mention.. but on this seventh day, in the third month.. It is officially been 5 years since I started working with this research department. It is, to me, somewhat of a momentous occasion. Five whole years. Well, to five more, I say!
• Well, Paprika is decidedly upset he missed the carnival. He's still stuck inside for further evaluation, though he definitely seems to be doing well again. Though, for reasons that elude me, he is constantly sitting behind my desk, demanding pictures of Paralogos? I have provided him with some, but that just made him look sad..
• I am not sure what triggered this, but since Paprika has recovered, he's had this fascination with magic. I believe he might soon start learning some new skills.. Perhaps he has seen the new journal on lights and control, as it discussed it's connection to magic and wisdom.. Is it possible he is trying to become physically stronger by training his light?.. Or are there other reasons.. I know I saw him smiling during his nap earlier..
• Hard to believe we've had so much trouble last month. All sorts of mechanical failure, even had a blackout.. The research center had thus decided to move to a new facility. There are now some major delays in research, new findings that are hardly documented.. It's going to be a busy month. At least the Paralogos were kind enough to give us a hand moving things around. I guess that's the best thing we can ask for. Co-operation. We all live on the same World of Lingua, after all..
• Well, we're all moved into the new building.. though I can't help but think there's still some things not in order. That's part of the chaos of moving, I guess. It'll probably still be awhile before we get everything sorted right... Seems we can't count on most of the Paralogos to help, they heard something about a fight, and from one thing came another.. To be fairly honest, a water balloon battle sounds refreshing. I'd almost want to join it..