I finally went to Perfume's live concert yesterday at Tokyo Dome and it was a blast~!
For the uninitiated, Tokyo Dome is a 50,000+ capacity stadium and they somehow managed to sell out all the tickets. I presume most were bought by resellers in order to make a few bucks. Apparently they were the second female group to perform there with the first being SPEED.
The main stage was located in the center of the field and my seat was quite near the stage. It was close enough to make out their faces but nearer would've been better of course. XD
Without further ado, I'll give the rest of the highlights in point form to spare you from my fanboy rambling.
- Surprisingly, the crowd consisted of 50% guys and 50% girls. I was expecting it to be a 90% male crowd but I guess their female fanbase has been steadily growing as well which is a good thing.
- They came out in wedding gowns for their entrance!
- 2 girls seated near me knew ALL the moves for the songs. D:
- As always, being the leader and loving to speak, A-chan spoke most of the time. Someone online made a snide remark saying that it wasn't Perfume's concert but A-chan's concert.
- Lots of crowd interaction inbetween songs. At one time they walked along poking fun at people. XD
- A-chan cried twice during the show because she was so moved by the crowd. XD
- They did the PepsiMax commercial dance!!!
- After the concert, all the good concert goods were sold out and everybody started taking pictures with the Perfume cosplayers. LOL!
All in all a great show! I wonder whether I can afford to go for another live...
Special thanks to for helping with the tickets.