This card refers to the defenses/apologia that’s used against the critique of skimpy female warrior outfits.
I did my best to collect the most pervasive arguments used to justify bikini armors and similar costumes.
When using the bingo card, PLEASE stick to the Rules and Terms:
These cards are intended only for personal use. If you wish to use them commercially or incorporate them or a derivative product into a commercial product - please contact Ozzie Scribbler on Tumblr or DeviantArt.
You’re free to use the Female Armor Bingo and the Rhertoric Edition card to critique, snark, assess or judge any commercial creative works intended for mainstream consumption. However, please assure you do not alter them in any way that obscures or removes credit from the original creators.
If you share your marked up bingo cards on Tumblr we encourage you to tag them with “female armor bingo” so that we can find them.
Blank Female Armor Bingo cards are NOT public domain or have Creative Commons license.
Do not distribute blank bingo cards by starting a new post, emailing them out, rehosting them or otherwise setting them up in a location away from Bikini Armor Battle Damage. If you wish to share them with other people please use thumbnails and links to the cards at either Bikini Armor Battle Damage on Tumblr (Rhetoric Edition) or Ozzie Scribbler (Rhetoric Edition) on DeviantArt.
Very special thanks to ami-angelwings of eschergirls fame for suggesting back in 2013 to make two bingo cards (original unpublished version was a mix of the tropes and arguments defending them).
Designed in CorelDraw by yours truly
As with the original bingo card, special thanks to the people who helped me to come up with square contents and revisions: Ami from eschergirls, Tica from @repair-her-armor, psdo of costumecommunityservice, Ryan ‘Jabberwock’ C. and my friends who didn’t want to be credited by name!
You've played as Skarlet, haven't you? Apparently she's so scantily clad because she absorbs the blood of other warriors, except it's pretty much identical to Kitana's outfit who wears that shit apparently because that's just how Shao Khan has all his whores dress.
Speaking of, if a female fighter absolutely had to fight in very little armor, wouldn't it make more sense to spring for a helmet and proper torso armor to protect her vital organs? It's not like her enemies are aiming for her breasts unless they miss her heart or anything.
The "minimal/lightweight armor" argument makes no sense as an excuse for fighting in, say, chainmail lingerie, because, as you said, actual minimal armor would most likely consist of a helmet and a proper breastplate.
1. While I am clearly attracted to women, I have also had the desire to bang some men. I don't know whether this comes from actual bisexuality or if it is just the Stupid Sexy Flanders trope at work. tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php…
2. I'm fine with women in sexy outfits as long as they're practical. For instance, bras should have straps (preferably of the over the shoulder variety) to support the breasts. Women's outfits should be more than one piece so that they can use the bathroom easily (if you prefer the mild modesty of one pieces, look up tankinis).
3. Exposed breasts and butts are a personal pet peeve of mine. I could argue that I want to be blind during sex. After all, sex is primarily about touching and feeling rather than sight.
4. I don't like women having breasts bigger than C-cup. I don't think that the additional sexiness of D-cup or bigger breasts is worth all the back pain it causes. However, this comic provides a potential solution. www.deviantart.com/art/Breast-…
5. If you look in the "Sexy" folder of my favorites, you'll see a lot of girls in bikinis licking or sucking on popsicles (two men do the same). This is what I compare my penis to because it is smaller than usual. Thankfully, it's not tiny, it's just plain ol' smaller than usual. I think it would at least suffice for most women. If they wanted reciprocity in sexual innuendo, I would happily drink from two bags of milk that they hold.
6. I am an ally of the feminist movement. I think women should have the right to choose their path in life as long as it's morally right (just like men can). This means they can be promiscuous just as men can be chaste. I also think sex is not inherently evil and that it's how sex is done that makes it good or evil.
That's all I can think of right now. If you're curious about my "Sexy" folder in my favorites, here it is. andyofindiana.deviantart.com/f…