This story takes place on a Phantom Island known as the Land of Seven Riches, or La Seri for short. Each district is named after its most prominent ore. The ore actually serves as a tracker of the district’s Life Stream; the Life Stream is the collection of Life Forces/Auras in a selected area. A “Life Force” is another way of referring to a person’s aura; the semi-tangible entity that enables a person to channel pure or corrupted energy through their body and weapons. The overall Life Stream of La Seri is what powers the Great Hurricane, because it is mostly pure. However, there are "Cracks" in the Life Stream. These Cracks are created by the overabundance of Corruption.
Naginata, being the head of the Corrupted Life Stream, is trying to infect the Phantom Island and its inhabitants so that he could break out of the Diamonian barrier (The Great Hurricane) and spread across Ambrosia. However, with the rising forces against him and the humane senses of his host, Jake, the task proves to be difficult. Part of the Parasite King’s method is through using his spawns, Parasites, along with brain-washing his victims under a collective “Hive Mind”.
General Geography and Demographics:
La Seri is a collection of islands that actually used to be one piece of land that was over time split into several parts by the surrounding water systems. The further west one progresses, the closer they get to the ultimate source of Corruption. To give a general idea of how vast La Seri is (and even how large Ambrosia is), the widest district is Silvania, which in total is 3125 miles wide. Its districts are overlooked by a counsel (except Jagaia, which refuses to use a counsel system and instead uses individual village chief systems). You will see mentionings of ore and gems. Serian ore and gems are actually alive in a sense (but not self aware), similar to the plants and shrubbery of La Seri.
• Silvania is split into 8 miniature islands and houses the Mithril Sea. Its inhabitants, a race of teal-skinned Serians with fish-like properties (gills and fins). It is a generally flat marsh land, and the Silvanians are able to dwell both on this land and under the water. Its underwater homes do feature “Bubble Houses” in which outsiders can dwell. Even its surface houses contain pools in which Silvanians can relax. The Life Stream of this area is indicated by silver ore.
• Saphania is a heavily forested biome with one mountain range, the Saphra Mountains, on its western side. Its villages, similar to Auron’s subdistructs, is organized on a circular level. However, the closer inland one ventures, the closer it gets to the Corrupted village, Omega village. Its people have great nightvision and hearing, accompanied by a variety of feline and canine-based ears. People of Saphania are often tanner than other races, though there are instances of light-skinned Saphanians. Saphanians who live in areas of heavy shrubbery often make tree houses with hopes of reducing the chances of their house being broken into by Ferals, who are Corrupted Saphanians. Any technology they interact with is often infused with a certain aspect of nature. They rarely chop trees and build around them. The Life Stream of this area is indicated by sapphire gems.
• Auron is a more urban-based district and the district with the highest point from sea level. It contains three subdistricts: Central, Uptown, and Downtown, each connected via the Serian Rail System. It is a futuristic setting (save for the Downtown area, which is more of a rural area), with skyscrapers, floating highways (referred to as skyways) as well as “Groundways”. It also contains the most famous Education System in La Seri, as well as many expected accomodations of an urban setting. The people of Auron, though as close to an “Average Ambrosian” as one could get, have unstable Life Forces and are therefore targeted frequently by the Corrupted. However, thanks to the Hunters, Auron has yet to fall. The Life Stream of this area is indicated by gold ore.
• Jagaia is a jungle/grassland biome that houses undoubtedly the meanest, toughest Serians of the Pure Life Stream. Similar to Saphania, Jagaia contains many villages, often centered in jungle areas within walking distance of any water systems. Similar to Saphanians, Jagaians often make tree houses to attack unsuspecting travelers. Their houses are usually made of stone-like material, and they limit their contact with technology, though some of the younger generations have found interest in Serian Tech. At night, unlike Saphanians, some Jagaians stand on night watch to protect their villages from intrusions by “Dragons”, Corrupted Jagaians. Because of their sturdy resistance to Corruption, they are formidable opponents of the Corrupted, having engaged in a war with Oniyex during the events of Rose for Shurinai. The Life Stream of this area is indicated by Jade gems.
• Rubanyo is a desolate island and a faction of Oniyex. There are virtually no Rubanyans of pure blood left due to the quick spread of Corruption across the island. It is rumored that this land is where the Oniyan Emperor (Xenon Naginata) releases his pure venom deposits inside the inland, rendering the island to be uninhabitable. The highly feared Rubanyo shore is the only location where the quickly declining Ruby gems are located. It’s a miracle that there are Rubies left.
•Oniyex, previously Platinia and Ezmeralda (respectively), is the land of the Corrupted. Its very soil is tainted. This is a wasteland/snow mountain biome; dead trees and patches of corrupted grass are scattered across the land; at the westernmost point is the mansion home of the Corrupted Emperor. Above is Diamonia, the cloudy floating island of the black diamond. Within the White Mountains, there is a springy grassland region known as the Bloodstone Crown. Each of these locations are homes to one of the three Warlords, Parasite Kings and a Parasite Queen that controls the Oniyan military force. The people of Oniyex, known as the Corrupted, are infected with the Corruption virus and often live in lively little underground towns. Their technology is often powered by Tainted magic, though they do make use of average Serian tech.
Hunters: A large faction of talented people trained to protect the innocents from the deathly grasp of Corruption. There are two partitions: The Rebels, who partake in more offensive missions against the Corrupted and the Slayers, who focus on defensive missions. The Rebels, lead by Luke Hirigani, are centered in Auron, and the Slayers, secretly led by Rolaeko Menguishi of the Saphanian Council, are centered in Saphania. While both have likenesses to regular secret service, it’s their powers and exposure to Corruption that make them formidable.
Executioners: A group of ruthless killers who side with no one and exercise the will of their leader, Jon Welkov. They are terrorists in a sense; since some of them are unable to combat the Corrupted head on without becoming Tainted themselves, they often target outsiders, supporters of Corruption, and sometimes Hunter cadets.
Outsiders: Split into two partitions: for and against Corruption. These people have not officially joined Hunters or Corrupted, but they support either side where they can. Some Outsiders eventually do join one of the other forces. They are scattered across La Seri and have no official leader; however, some of them do follow a leader. For example. Felix, Eto, Cid, and Raven, four outsiders in Western Downtown Auron, are led and advised by Feng Gataelo.
Corrupted: The infected, mutated, often mentally unhinged followers of Xenon Naginata. They are playful, youthful, incredibly sexual, and disgusting (to their opposers). These creatures are seen as brainwashed and united under the “Hive Mind”, which has varying holds on them (the stronger Corrupted have the option of disconnecting from the Hive Mind before it automatically takes hold of them again). They are undead in a sense, and because their master, Xenon Naginata, detests mindless violence, they have a custom of not killing their targets in cold blood. Ironically, their targets end up dying anyway if a Parasite or its blood invades their body. Due to the magic of the Pure Life Stream, they are unable to show their true forms and can only do so in completely tainted areas, such as Nests. There are many partitions of the Corrupted, including Guardians, Parasites, Warlords, Parasite Kings and Queens.
Where to start reading:
TwistedFates is a multi-part story that is generally split into three main chapters: For Better or Worse, Rose for Shurinai, and Dawn of a New Area. You can read about these parts in these locations. I have yet to release information regarding Dawn of a New Era, but you can ask me questions or check out twistedfates-series.deviantart…!
I THINK THAT’S IT GUYS. If you have any questions, feel free to pitch them to me! Thanks so much for your time, and I hope you enjoy this story as it unfolds c: <3