Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
AnimeCon 2012 was pretty amazing. I'm so glad I had a last minute change of mind and decided to go the whole weekend instead of just one day.


Everything went better than expected! I woke up way too early, so I also decided to take an earlier train than I had planned. When I arrived at the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised that there was no line and I was able to get my badge and check in to my hotel room right away.
I quickly changed into my Perry the Platypus cosplay (after admiring the luxury room which I obtained only a few days before the convention) and went back down again. There wasn't much going on yet, with both the dealer room and gameroom still closed, but I walked around a bit, posed for some pictures and hugged some people. After a while, I ran into a friend and let him use my hotel room to change into his cosplay and walked around in the gameroom a bit after that.

At around 6, I changed into my casual Luigi cosplay, so I could enjoy the buffet (which was pretty good, except for the lack of desserts) Then back to Perry again for some more walking around. Had a look in the dealer room, which was super crowded, and spent a lot of time just hanging out in the gameroom with old and new friends.
At about 9 or 10, I had about enough of wearing my Perry cosplay so I switched back to casual Luigi again, and it was time to party!
Deshima Sounds was very enjoyable this time. I didn't really like them at Abunai last year, but at AnimeCon, I had a blast! My legs were sore 2 days later from all the heavy dancing.
Went to bed around 2 at night...


...and woke up around 5:30 in the morning again. Why can't I just sleep anymore? :( After a nice refreshing shower, I actually didn't feel bad at all. Luckily, the gameroom was open all night and day, so I went there early in the morning and enjoyed some peaceful gaming time. Breakfast buffet was delicious, but I tried to restrain myself from eating too much. Because Saturday was Toad-day, and I didn't want to have a visibly huge belly ;)

This was the first time I wore my new Toad cosplay, and it was really nice. Got some great reactions from people and a lot of people were curious about how I made the hat (foam, duct tape, latex and paint) I didn't really do anything that day, but the weather was fantastic and so were the people I hung out with. I completely missed the cosplay competition, the voice actress lecture and the M.O.V.E. concert, but still had a good time. The outdoor Insert Coin concert was a bit of a mixed bag, but enjoyable. And it was nice that one of the band members wanted to get his picture taken with me :)

The buffet was even better on Saturday, but I felt a bit bad that none of my friends stayed at the hotel, so they were all eating somewhere else. In the evening, I felt like mixing it up a bit, so I switched to my Facebook-man cosplay and got a lot of people to write all kinds of nonsense on me. The night ended back in the gameroom again, and this time I actually went to bed fairly early...


...and had a hard time getting to sleep and woke up several times during the night because some people were being really loud outside. Finally woke up around 6 and crawled out of bed around 7, feeling pretty crappy. Once again, the shower was a life-saver and casual Luigi went down to have some more breakfast.

That's where I ran into my brother (who's always a gopher at AnimeCon), so we had a really nice breakfast together) I decided to check out early to avoid any lines, so I quickly packed up a few last things, brought all my bags to the bagroom and checked out. The last day was going to be another Facebook-man day, which is fairly comfortable to wear and easy to travel back home in. Had a lot of stuff scribbled on me again, and spent most of the day outside, because the weather was still amazing. Did some origami with friends and taught some random people how to fold a jumping frog. I also sort of entered a drawing competition, because we heard they only had one submission so far and in the end I actually won a cute stuffed tiger.

It was still really hot, so me and 2 friends went on a quest for ice cream. I don't think the lady helping us at the ice cream stand liked us much, but we ended up ordering 15 large scoops in 14 different flavors and eating it all together. Nom!

Then it was time to go home, but luckily I had great travel buddies and we used some special tickets to switch to first class.
All in all, good times were had, and I can't wait till the next convention/meeting.

I'll upload a Toad cosplay picture in a couple days, and maybe a new Perry one as well.
Add a Comment:
shora18 Featured By Owner May 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
omg you where perry!! wow that is sooo cool. too bad you weren't wearing it on saturday. lizemijn libgott who does the voice of candace wanted to see you in your perry cosplay XD
Oloring Featured By Owner May 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
wow, did she actually say that?
shora18 Featured By Owner May 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
yeah. i talked to her afterwards and i said there was a perry cosplayer on friday and then she said that she would have liked to see that.
Oloring Featured By Owner May 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Awesome :) Now I feel bad for completely forgetting about her lecture.
shora18 Featured By Owner May 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
ooh. that is too bad. she was really awesome
Add a Comment:

:iconoloring: More from Oloring

More from DeviantArt


Submitted on
May 25, 2012