I was tagged by
I haven't been tagged before, and I don't see the big appeal of the tagging game, but I'll be going along with it today because it wouldn't hurt trying it once.
1. You must post these rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you,
and create new questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal
4. Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
5. No tag backs.
6. No crap in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this." You have to tag 10 people
Nope, I will not be carrying the game on to others for a number of reasons:
1. I don't feel like it (laziness).
2. The people I could tag has already been tagged.
Well then, let's get to it!
1. What is your favorite game thus far?
The Jak and Daxter trilogy has a special spot in my heart, because my cousin and I spent many hours of our childhood playing and replaying them, especially Jak 2 and 3.
In these days I'd definitely say Team Fortress 2. I probably spend way too much time playing it with my friends, but I love much of what it has to offer with it's strategic form of gameplay, where you don't just have to kill everyone to win. It differs from other FPS games like Counter-Strike, CoD and Battlefield, which is a great plus for me.
2. What is your favorite drink?
Non-Alcoholic Drink: An ice cold Cola.
Alcoholic Drink: Beer. To be more specific, an ice cold, dark and strong beer. Preferably an Original Stout from Skælskør Brewery www.skaelskoerbryghus.dk/Produ…
, a Jacobsen Brown Ale www.jacobsenbryg.dk/sortiment/…
, or a London Porter www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp?id=6…
3. Suppose the Multiverse theory was true, as was reincarnation. What possible universes would you like to be reborn? (Yes, you can even include your original works.)
No matter which universe I would be reborn in, it should always be a universe where metal music is the same as in this one (i.e. same bands, same styles, etc.). From there I'd like to be reborn in one of the following universes or any combination of them:
- One where the Mask exists and I wear it.
- One where the Mask exists and my girlfriend of that universe wears it.
- One that's the same as this one, but where I'm born as the other gender.
4. What are your hobbies?
- Playing video games
- Listening to music, which consists mostly of metal and most of it's sub-genres and genre crosses. I also listen to some folk and classical music every now and then.
- Play bass and/or drums.
5. In your craft (drawing, writing, coloring, or anything else,), what is one weak point you hate to admit to having and would like to improve on? Be specific, "everything" is not a valid answer.
Inking toes and nails is my weak point at the moment. So far the toes and nails I've inked look like toes and nails, but the ink doesn't stay entirely true to the original lines, which is kind of a loss in the transition, even though it's some relatively small details.
6. Any vices or addictions? (It can even be being addicted to chocolate, it don't matter) Do you stand by them or do think of cutting down?
7. Who do you find to be funny?
My friends, danish comedians and Jeff Dunham to mention a few of many.
8. If you were in charge of adding one thing to your favorite TV show, movie, comic, book or game that would make it better for YOU (even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else), what would that thing be?
My favorite TV show was, and still is, The Mask TAS. Like Pokémon played a big part in many peoples childhood, I grew up with the series, as well as the movie. I always found the animated series amusing and strangely fascinating (despite the jokes always being lame or downright out of place in the danish dub).
My biggest fascination was with the female wearers of the Mask. They made things much interesting for me than any of the other wearers in the series, even Stanley. But they only appeared twice during the series: First when oneshot character Evelyn accidentally wears it early in season 1, and then recurring character Peggy Brandt somewhere near the end of season 2.
So here's 2 things I would've changed in the series:
1. Making Evelyn a recurring character
I think that despite Evelyn being a oneshot character she had potential for character building. It could have made sense in context since she was presented early on in the first season. I'd be content with that, even if she wouldn't get to wear the Mask again (though, with me being me, it would be a given. ^_^).
2. Making Peggy at least a semi-frequent wearer
I don't quite understand why it didn't happen. There were quite a few times where Peggy had the Mask in her hands and could've put it on. While her putting on the Mask wouldn't be justified because Stanley, as the main character of the series, was just about to use it. However, aside from the episode Counterfeit Mask where she finally wears it (despite Stanley needing it to save Milo), there would be a justified and reasonable excuse for her to wear it in the episode Sister Mask.
When she got the Sister Mask off of Stanley, she's holding the Mask and Stanley's being held down by Pretorius' henchmen. She then gets caught by the invisible henchman, but can still move her arms. What's the most reasonable and non-risky thing for her to do?
Option 1: Beating the invisible henchman with the Mask, somehow avoiding hitting him in the face with the wrong side of it, then to throw the Mask at Stanley, who's still being held down, hoping he'd catch it, without it being caught by either fists or face of Pretorius or his goons first?
Option 2: Put the Mask on, save Stanley and beat up the bad guys.
I may be a bit of a nitpicker about her beating up the invisible guy with the Mask, but her throwing the Mask at Stanley was just a weak excuse for Pretorius to wear it instead. Or maybe I'm overanalysing...
9. You're given the opportunity to have ANY artist working in the industry draw something for you. Who do you pick and why?
I don't have a specific artist in mind, but I'd choose one who's good with tattoo designs since I'm planning to have a tattoo of a chaos star fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/201…
some time soon.
10. What do you think should make a comeback? It can be anything.
The Mask franchise. It's mostly dead these days, and if it wasn't for the fan community of the Mask coming with new material, or their own take on things, the Mask fandom would be more starving than it already is.
I think that the comeback (if there ever is to be one) should be a movie, or maybe a short film, where they try to experiment with the possibilities of the Mask. Why? Because it's a broader media. Many Mask fans know of the movie and the animated series because they've seen them in the TV, where as fewer fans know of the comics that the Mask franchise originated from.
And that's that. Feel free to ask me about my answers if anything seems unclear in my wording.
Thanks for reading.