As part of my Hordebloods project, this Mountain King was inspired by Warcraft's Mountain Giants.
Full details and high-res photos of each section are available on my website:www.wargamingtradecraft.com/20…
Also, if you'd like to read about how he was created, I've finished (as of today) the series detailing everything. Visit the following link and scroll to his section for links to each tutorial.www.wargamingtradecraft.com/20…
But some basics:
- His skin was done with layers of stippling with sponges, airbrushing and weathering powders.
- Eyeliner brushes were used on his crystals.
- The rust on his chains, collar and brackets is real.
- The 2 turtles next to the log were made from naturally shed turtle scutes.
- Special effects like fire and water were made with heavy artists gel.
- He's covered in plenty of real plants, flowers and pearls.
- It took weeks to pour his base, create waves and ripples and allow it all to fully cure.