northernfly's avatar

northernfly

80 Watchers5.2K Page Views227 Deviations

Oh Just........ Nevermind by northernfly, literature

Backrub by northernfly, literature

Stubbornly Misplaced Ingratiation by northernfly, literature

See all

Oh Just........ Nevermind by northernfly, literature

Backrub by northernfly, literature

Stubbornly Misplaced Ingratiation by northernfly, literature

quiverwrites
driftwood1
polat26
djember
RmSilicio
Amparrosquita
Thicksnicker
Rafaelll90
Tasty-muffin
StephanieSmall3
dncc07
Drujart
Robyn-Eliza
LarisSea
glinstr
wlkr
adavesseth
Celtic-Punk-Pub
BridgeportChronicles
juurikun
shibashake
JenifryConan
ScribbleLife
LadyStrangeCreations
LeonoraChris
Celtic-Hetalia
Celtic-Art
northernfly is not a Group Admin yet
Groups they admin or create will appear here
Artist // Hobbyist // Literature
  • Sep 6
  • Canada
  • Deviant for 3 years
  • He / Him
Badges
Super Albino: Llamas are awesome! (377)
My Bio
Jared Osullivan
Canada
Logistics Consultant

Okay so it recently came to my attention that 83% of you will stop reading this before this sentence is finished. SO I am not going to go on and on with this updated profile stuff for no reason. Sorry to the other 17%, but ask away and I am pretty much an open book.

Sincerely
Jared

Favourite Visual Artist
Escher
Favourite Movies
It Might Get Loud, Life of Bryan
Favourite TV Shows
Alone, Classic Albums
Favourite Bands / Musical Artists
Joe Banamessa
Favourite Books
Shibumi, The Count of Monte Cristo, The White Company
Favourite Writers
Trevanien
Favourite Gaming Platform
PS4
Tools of the Trade
Uuuuhhhh
Other Interests
Blacksmithing and Guitar
The following is what drives me to improve my poetry, and is far enough away that I will always keep writing it, the top of the mountain is nice but not yet:) Then she opened up a book of poems And handed it to me Written by an Italian poet From the ...
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The Layer of the beast.
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Wasting away this beautifully sunny day on Shipment reconciliation (yes it is as boring as it sounds) and wanted to say hi.
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

Comments 294

Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Many Many Happy Returns of the day friend :) (Smile) 
May all your wishes come true ... 

             Happy Birrthday Wish (Feel Free to Use) by Tasty-muffin  

Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy ..
Hug Hug Hug Hug

Panda Eating A Cookie Piggy Panda -Commission- Panda avatar 
     PANDA HUGS!!

Hug Hug HugHug
Heyup! Can I ask a random question about food, since that's one of your areas of expertise?

How do I add lemon to things? I've tried making vinagrettes with lemon juice, and other similar things, but they always end up tasting too much just like the food with lemon juice on it. I've had beautiful foods with lemon in, but I can never seem to get it right myself. Is there a trick to it?

Cheers - and feel free to ignore this question if you're busy!
Insteas of using the juise of the lemine, get a lemkn zester and use that to draw some ribbons, and dice it very finely. When seasoning the food, put all seasonings together along with the tiny bits of lemon and use the zest in that fashion. Also you can get some lemon infuesed olive oil, or do it yourself by zesting three lemons into 1 cup of any oil, in a large stainless bowl. Set this bowl as a double boiler over some water for about an hour, whisking the oil periodically. You now have lemon infused oil (I find avacdo oil for this) which can be substitued for cooking oil jn searing dishes, into bread dough, and ever brushed over fish for grilling.

You can also mix lemon zest, herbs, and 1 cup of butter onto a piece of parchment. Chill in the fridge 20 minutes, and remove it. Use the parchment to create a log of butter and chll for 1 hour. You can now use the 'lemon butter compress' to glaze baked fish or lamb.

Lastly, marinading fesh fish in lemkn juise, orange slices, and capers. The fish is cooked by the acids, leaving you to need only sear the fish nicely and dine.

The are the french techniques. When you are ready I put pass on the mediteranean, chinese, south american, and slavic uses of lemon in food.

Hope it helped☺
*scribbles down notes furiously*
Many thanks for fav my art! ;)
Your welcome. It's absolutely beautiful:)
Hey! Thanks for the follow!
Remember follow me on Patreon or Instagram to more pics. It's very important to me :heart: