My RP Groups :
Name: KANG "Simon" Su Ru ( 康, 肃儒 )
Ethnicity : Afro-asian
Multiple cases of poisoning
Mister Kang was born in 1865 in California to a Cantonese father and an American woman of Ghanaian descent. His father was a botanist who had fled his native province in hope of a better life, and his mother was a midwife known for her extensive medical knowledge although she had been denied proper education in that field. Both lived a very recluse life in the outskirts of San Francisco, trying their hardest to escape the violence they had to endure because of both their origins and their union. "Simon" grew up in a rather isolated environnement, and for most of his youth he did nothing but help his parents business and work, slowly but surely growing quite knowledgeable in botanics and how plants could be used for their curative properties.
When his parents passed away, the young Kang decided to try his luck in the big city and moved to San Francisco. He worked within the Chinese community, and first faced contempt due to his mixed blood. He nonetheless became a promiment figure by offering unlicensed medical assistance to poor workers and prostitutes. And due to his knowledge in simples, Mister Kang soon enough was also sought after for a wide variety of services : hallucinogenes, drugs, poisons... He cared very little for the use that would be made of his creations as long as he was well paid and protected. Years passed and his invisible influence grew larger. His ennemies often ended up poisoned, and his friends never really trusted his tea either.
And then, on a very nice evening, Mister Kang vanished from his personal greenhouse : he woke up in Dernee, and scoffed at the glittery city populated by murderers. To him, it was not much different from what he was used to : he resumed his work as an apothecary, since the demand in both medicines and poisons was quite high in town...
Provides Dernee with home-made medicines, teas, herbs ...and poisons.
Name: Gaylord Aimé Cox
Gender: cis male
Birthday: 5th of November 1824 (Scorpio)
Nationality : British (Mauritian)
Occupation : self-proclaimed "adventurer" (former locksmith, comedian, gravedigger, high-seas sailor, lighterman in the Port of London...and many more he probably made up)
- A journal : he keeps track of his daily life but keeps it encrypted by writing it all in phonetic spelling of mauritian creole. Sa couyonnad sa ; - )
- Few items of clothing : surely he will manage to borrow fancier clothes to someone in this mansion.
- A shark tooth bracelet : a rough-looking leather bracelet with a shark tooth charm. A treasured memory.
- Skeleton keys : the tools of a proper locksmith...or thief.
- He is covered is a great number of blue inked tattoos from his time as a sailor ; he'll gladly tell the stories behind each of them, but it's hard to tell if they are true or not.
- He is still obsessed with his first love but would rather die than admit he's sentimental.
- He really is sentimental.
- He speaks english, french and mauritian creole.