Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

iMac or Mac Mini?

Journal Entry: Mon Jul 1, 2013, 3:29 PM


I've Been Living Underneath A Rock.




My journal entry from January is a constant reminder of how lazy I am.

So here we go.

I'm not dead.

My Dell laptop of 5+ years is really starting to show it's age. And I'm too frustrated with it's slowness to want to vector. I mean on a bad day, I'm waiting 5 minutes for it to move an object from point A to point B...

But that's not the important part really...

My sister just bought an iMac a month ago and reminded me of the gloriousness of Bootcamp and the idea of partitioning (she's a Sims fanatic...).

And now I feel incredibly stupid.

People have been asking me why I don't splurge on a Mac and silly me forgot about that feature (which makes the PC version of my Adobe software and non-issue).

So now my issue is deciding if I want the iMac or the Mac Mini. I use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver for my Graphic Design/Illustration the most.

So with that said. I will unfortunately not be vectoring much in the coming months. Until I save up enough to buy a Mac anyway...

But I will still be drawing stuff (and banking a ton of illustrations in my queue in preparation for my new computer) so check out my social networks below:

Check Out My Sketches on Instagram
Follow Me On Twitter
Friend Me On Facebook
My Rough Sketches on Tumblr
My Likes On Pinterest

:iconilikeitplz::iconiloveitplz::iconilickitplz:









  • Listening to: Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
  • Watching: Game of Thrones Season 1
  • Eating: Chocolate
  • Drinking: Iced Tea
Add a Comment:
 
:iconfantasyforever:
fantasyforever Featured By Owner Jul 1, 2013  Professional General Artist
When we can afford it, we're going the Mac mini route. It's cheaper, easier to upgrade, and we can plug it into our existing HDTV to use as the monitor. If you don't have a TV to hook it up to with an HDMI cord, then it might be better to go with an iMac as the display will add so much cost to the Mac mini.
Reply
:iconnicole-m-scott:
nicole-m-scott Featured By Owner Jul 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Yeah, I don't have a tv to hook it up to. I'm still using old 90s tv's in my aparment *sobs*. And Apple screens do add a hefty amount to the price. So I'll probably end up buying an iMac. I figure if I save up 75% and then finance the other 25%, it shouldn't set me back so bad.
Reply
:iconfantasyforever:
fantasyforever Featured By Owner Jul 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
Don't feel bad, we'd still have our old CRT TV if we hadn't snagged a mattress deal; the TV came with it. I hear the new iMacs are super slim now too, so that should be cool. You might start watching TV on your iMac because the screen will be better!
Reply
:iconnicole-m-scott:
nicole-m-scott Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
That's cool. At least you saved on the t.v. by getting the mattress! And I probably will be watching t.v. on it for just that reason! :iconilikeitplz:
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×

:iconnicole-m-scott: More from nicole-m-scott


More from DeviantArt



Details

Submitted on
July 1, 2013
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
1,274
Favourites
1 (who?)
Comments
4