More WLERA!! This whole VS Jun period was for the sake of that Ponyta joke. I myself was so happy about a machop, just think how easy the gym will now be with a grass type AND a fighting type!! Or so one would think...
ALSO, who would like to see Jun's first gym battle as an extra? I could make that happen.
- I am very proud of those back grounds, and they are pretty easy to paint.
- Jun's ponyta is a male one and named 'Salami'
- I wanted to make Jun more than just a goofy rival, so winning a badge before Emma sounds fitting (with a team that wouldn't be the best against rock types mind you; 2 fire types, a bird and a grass type who doesn't know any grass moves yet). Also the main character jokes.
please teach me how to make such gorgeous fire omg
also! i know i've said this so much, but LOVE these designs, every time i get a reminder of how cool your pokemon look i get a boost of serotonin
and as much as a sympathize w/ emma as a fellow nuzlocker i'm also like..jun deserves a few wins. rivals always get it rough and he just wants to prove to everyone he can do this! go jun! i believe in you!
1) The Rival in Sinnoh is kinda always one step ahead of you. It's just Emma's personality and... other things that want her to be the very best, like no one ever was. She's pretty rivalry.
2) Jun wasn't cheating in any way! Emma kind is... they do have only friendly battles between themselves, however, once Emma saw that lvl boosted monkey she knew she couldn't handle it so she called it out as "cheating". Jun just wants to have fun and breaking something and critical as "friendly battle rules" is out of question.
3) I just wanted to make fun of some other.... protagonists, who are supposed to be much better than their rivals/companions in every way. Plus they are just kids... 14 if I remember correctly (maybe 13 i cant remember lol) so childish acts like these are only part of their nature
I sometimes love Jun
He's so cute.
(BTW I imagined the ponyta being named something like Spicy, or Sauce, don't ask me why XD
I'm very late, but still very nicely done.
(And I would love to see Jun's battle, honestly. )
Jun is a real friend.
Chilli and Tabasco were one of the names I had in mind but I thought Salami would be funny :Y (and think about all those trainers who are like wtf when he calls out salami and there's a fire pony right there)
i promised myself if there is even a one soul who wants jun VS roark i would make it happen, i actually want to show how badass he can be so thanks!
I love that idea of putting at the level of your friend, instead of trying to show how over you it is, in rivals (Sadly in the games wouldn't make much sense...)
No prob! I am really curious to see what was Jun capable of doing, when he's not in a "Friendly battle mode"
Oh, no no no I mean in the game you probably beat up your rival without a much effort, but why not make it more interesting in the comic/story you are making as a nuzlocke artist? Like changing some things (I changed Jun's battle location, team and how the battle went) and if the player 'loses' no one needs to die cauz hey it is a friendly/not deadly battle and you didn't lose any team members in the actual game O: