I wrote a post on my wordpress bleg the history/process that my ideas for Māinṃ's seasonal/day-light system went, check it out at http://naeddyr.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/seasons-and-days-on-main%E1%B9%83/
A week or so ago I attempted to make my Māinṃ map prettier by adding very slight grunge and texture to what was, in retrospect, woefully ungrunged and low-textured. Then a couple of days ago, I did it again, and this time I got it much better. So much better, that it feels like I've perfected a new version, level-upped, in my parchment/paper texture generation methods.
So, today I've been eyeing my old GIMP script, and tried to remember what little I learned about Scheme that single day I used it for (= when I wrote that GIMP script), and I have to say, this is a major ass-in-the-pain. And in any case, some stuff in the method is
Heh, longest time since I even looked at my stat block there to the left, and I seem to have a Significant Number of Things. In observation of this momentous moment, I am putting a temporary moratorium on all comments, to keep that number at 1337 as long as possible. :D