As the title suggests I probably have alot to talk to you all about in this journal. However I will try to get to the point and not bore you.
For my fellow watchers who have been with me for a few years or just a long time know that I used to post lots of journals and drawings. I was on here pretty much every day and responding to things and having lots of wonderful conversations. Don't get me wrong I still have lots of wonderful conversations and I post drawings (Since I have tons of different ideas I have to do for drawings and I am always thinking of more.), but not as much as I used. There is a good reason.
First my activity started to decline during my last year of college in 2016. After graduation I had tons of ideas...don't get me wrong, but the drive motivation wasn't there. For me when making art three things need to happen. One, I need to find the time to create my drawings. Two, there needs to be inspiration...ideas that I find interesting enough to create a drawing. Third, and probably the main reason for a while why I didn't create art was there needs to be motivation. If I am not motivated then I feel like the drawing is going to reflect that. I want my drawings to reflect the passion and feelings that they deserve.
Once I started to get my motivation back I'm sure that you guys noticed during the end of 2017 I decided to make sure I made drawings weekly to not only keep my skills sharp, but also to get some of my ideas done. After all I have tons of ideas and if I don't get any of them done then more will stack up on them. I started to do that during the beginning of 2017. It felt great to produce some amazing drawings and not have delines like I did for my art classes in college. However I believe during the beginning of the summer for 2017 I was more into wanting to spend my free time to play video games instead of create drawings. This time finding the time to get drawings done was the reason I didn't produce as many drawings.
Now we are in 2018...toward the end of 2017 I started to feel a little overwhelmed because I had so many things I wanted to do in my free time. Many video games to finish, many books, fanfics (some by you guys and you know who you are), and other things to read; many animes, cartoons, and shows to watch; many videos to watch on YouTube, and many stories to write. Clearly the stress was getting to me...I mean this is my free time stuff. It shouldn't be stressing me out. Instead it should be doing the opposite...it should be relaxing me. You may be asking, why was it stressing you out? Truth be told I had many for important things in my life. Let me give you a quick run down of my typically week these days:
- Friday - I have meetings for stuff and go to work
- Saturday and Sunday - Work and hanging out with friends in real life
- Monday - Free day
- Tuesday - Travel to my Grandmas, laundry, and some free time
- Wednesday - Laundry, cook dinner for my family, and maybe some free time
- Thursday - Laundry, some cleaning, and more free time then Tuesday and Wednesday
Ok sure it looks like I may have alot of free time during the week, but in reality I don't, because I am spending time with my family when I am at my Grandma's on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You may say I have a balanced life for a 25 year old. I mean I've got time with my family and friends pretty much every week. Believe me I always enjoy the time with my brother at nights when he gets back from his job. (We both tend to stay up late and chat and even play games some times). With this kind of life I shouldn't be stressed out.
The problem is that I have too many things I want to do. Both you guys, my friends, brother, and people I have met at conventions have helped opened me up to many amazing things I simply have to try. You could say I have alot more free time for someone my age. Where am I today with all of this? Why should you guys care I guess? Well the stress was effecting my art. I mean in the way where I haven't wanted to draw at times and even find the time to draw. That is changing...because I have made lists of things I want to do in my free time. Slowly, but surely I have been taking things off of the list. This has been making me happy and even been inspiring me. You could say if it wasn't for these things that I have been watching, playing, and ideas I have been having lately more then half the drawings.
Don't worry though...these days I have found a balance in my life and am not letting my free time stress me out as much. At times it seems like the stress is coming back, but I do my hardest not to let it.
Now you know what has been happening to the past about 2 years of my life. While I wanted to update you guys on all kinds of events, things I got, and Yu-Gi-Oh! related news my life became busy and still is. I'm sure many of you already understand and have been in a situation similiar to me or still are. However for those of you who don't...I hope that you will understand.
Now to one more piece of news. First you need to understand that from now on unless I decide to...I will be going on dA Tuesday - Thursday. The above schedule of my life right explains alot. As for Mondays...I like to work on drawings normally and relax and binge watch what ever show I am into right now. Last week I wasn't on dA as much, because I had problems with my laptop and couldn't use it at all. Luckily I decided to bring it to a place in my town that could fix the problem. Lots of people have been having about the same problem, so these tech people knew how to fix it. After some stress and a bad week my laptop was fixed and I lose no files and programs. I learned lots of things from this. One my laptop is ready for it...9 years old. I kid you not. Two I should listen to my brother and father and save up for a new laptop. That is what I am going to be doing. That is why I wasn't on dA alot last week. So until I have enough money for my new laptop I will be saving for it, getting stuff for cosplays, any items from the official Yu-Gi-Oh! shop (It is a website that sells Yu-Gi-Oh! related clothes. I believe they only ship to places in the U.S.), any new keychains, dog tags, or pins that come out. That may seem like a lot, but it isn't, because I have been buying tons of things lately and not saving my money for things like I should. Although anything I was planning to get before this deciding to save for my new laptop I will still get. *Wipes sweat from forehead.* There now the boring stuff is over with.
Wait...did I say one more piece of news? I meant that I have something else and that is what cosplays I am doing for the year. First let me remind you of the cosplays I did last year...
- Aigami from Yu-Gi-Oh! Darkside of Dimensions movie
- Katsuya Jounouchi from the Yu-Gi-Oh! DM series (Him in his Battle City outfit) Note:
I will bring you guys pictures of these cosplays once I get the jewerly finished for my Aigami one, since I have things I am using right now for the jewerly. As for the Jounouchi one I need to get a plain metal dog tag. I will show an updated version of my Yuugi cosplay, because I got...leather pants. Yes Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged fans can feel happy. Blame my friend for making me love the concept of Yuugi and Yami wearing leather pants.
Now for what I have in store for this year...
- Kaiba Seto from the Yu-Gi-Oh! DM series (Him in his Battle City outfit. I mean pretty much everyone does this outfit of his. This is a random one I wanted to do and I guess since Kaiba is a great character I thought why not.)
- Pharaoh Atem from the Yu-Gi-Oh! DM series (Ok, so one I have wanted to do this cosplay for the longest time. Two my friend and I are going to be doing the a skit for a convention of the "Pharaoh's Throne" song from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged series. Yes I love the song to pieces and it is the ringtone right now on my phone.)
- Yuki Judai (Jaden Yuki) from the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX series (This is the character I am going to be in a panel my friends and I are doing this year. Please alot of my personality works well for Judai. I have pretty much everything for this cosplay except the wig and the wings for my Winged Kuriboh, because the person who made him forgot to add wings. >_<)
- Robin from Teen Titans (This was a last minute cosplay, but heck with it I totally need to do him after watching Teen Titans. I mean binge watching it. Hehehehe...it's going to be epic to be the boy wonder and leader of the titans. I have seen people cosplay as Raven and Beast Boy at conventions I have gone to, but not Robin, so it is about time that I had the leader appear at one of the conventions I go to regularly.)
Which of these cosplays are you the most excited to see me do this year?
Also forgot to mention that in my dA ID there is a new section to talk about cartoons and anime I have been watching, rewatching, and recently finished watching. It will change quite a bit, so continue to check it out. Here is what it looks like right now...(Note: Watching for this means for the first time. Also since I tend to binge watch alot these days the "Watching" and "Recently finished watching" sections will probably change alot.)
- Danny Phantom(Note: There are many other things I am in the middle of watching, but the above I am watching regularly right now.)
Recently finished watching!
- Teen Titans
- Young Justice(Note: I will probably only put the two latest things I have finished watching for the first time.)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
I believe that is enough. Look forward to four drawings today, since my laptop was not working last week. Also I am posting something else today. As to what that is you will have to wait and see what that is. Please comment and let me know what you think about what I wrote. Until next time!