12 Favourites15 Comments158 Views
Since we're all barely going out, I thought I'd ramp up my art production. Honestly I don't wanna talk about all the pandemic nonsense; I prefer to brighten up your inboxes with some character design. Anyways, here's my design for Satinka, the Duchess of Hungary.
NAME: Satinka Kryzétgy
BIRTHPLACE: Kesckemét, Hungary (now lives in her grand estate in Budapest)
AFFILIATION(S): Neutral (doesn't want any war drama on her turf), but technically on the side of the Global Republic
ALIAS(ES): "Drama Free", "Satine" (you knew this was coming), "Your Majesty", "Your Grace", "Duchess"
HYPOTHETICAL VOICE: Blake Lively
CATHCPHRASE(S): "This is a 100% Drama Free Zone"
BIO: The Duchess of Hungary, Satinka Kryzétgy is a fervent pacifist who wants no part of the Global Civil War. Not everyone seems to see eye-to-eye with her, not even her own Prime Minister or Global Senator. Neutrality in the war is only half of her problems, since she's also trying to keep Budapest (and by extension, her whole country) safe from the "Jetpack Brigade of Doom", an insurgent group that wants to bring back the savage, warlike ways of the Huns (According to Wikipedia, it is said that the Huns were among early settlers of the territory that is now Hungary, hence the origin of the name), but with jetpacks and flamethrowers. She's had her fair share of backstabbing, corruption, and betrayal; honestly, no wonder she doesn't wanna bring the Republic/Confederacy drama on her turf. Satinka is a long time friend of Obadiah Kenoly, and finds it ridiculous that he wears that fake mustache; it hides too much of his "handsome face", as she puts it. In spite of her pacifism, she carries a plasma blaster to defend herself should she find herself in danger. She is also quite fashionable.
- "Satinka" is a name I found on BabyNames.com: www.babynames.com/name/satinka It says it's an American-made name, but it sounds a little Eastern-European to me. Originally this character was named "Samantha". Her surname, Kryzétgy, is just an alteration of "Kryze" with a "gy" ending, since I heard somewhere that Hungarian/Magyar surnames commonly end in "gy".
- Her outfit design here is inspired by 80s power suits, with a bit of 60s influence in the Fascinator hat on her head.
- As you can see from her hat, Satinka's favorite flower is the Calla Lily.
- Although not shown here, Satinka is very fond of metallics, sequins, and outlandish structural cuts when it comes to her sense of fashion. She's more of a "trend setter" in contrast to Patrice Amaretti, who is more about being classy and timeless while still being fashionable.
- Satinka and Obadiah have known each other long before the war. How long ago is unknown, but they call each other "Satine" and "Obi", respectively.
- My CV pick for her, Blake Lively, is also my hypothetical voice for my humanization of PR-T from WALL-E.
- Whenever Satinka compliments Obadiah, Anatole and Alexis will sing "Obi and Satine, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!". In secret, Obadiah and Regis have taken to changing the lyrics of the song by replacing the names with Anatole and Patrice.
- Her earrings look a little like Japanese magatama (Shinto prayer) beads.
- ***SPOILER ALERT!*** Satinka survives the Siege of Budapest, and cedes her throne to her little sister. She starts a new life as a citizen of New York, and marries Obadiah in the J.E.D.I. Academy Chapel. It ends up being a dual ceremony due to another couple publicly renewing their vows.
So folks, that's Satinka for you! Hope you like my Hungarian Duchess, and as always, stay tuned, 'cause you're watching Stephanie's Channel!
Please do not copy/edit/steal/repost!
Satinka Kryzétgy © of me. Inspiration © Disney/Lucasfilm, Ltd.
750x1046px 214.48 KB
© 2020 MU-Cheer-Girl
Featured in collections
Oh, thanks for explaining. I've seen a lot of Vines on YouTube, but I don't recall this one.
Also, glad you like Satinka. Now to just draw her and Obadiah together someday (or shopping with Patty).
Thank you so much! Glad you like her outfit; took me a while to settle on a design at first because I wanted her to look more flashy like a pop star, but then I thought, "let me just put her in a dressy suit that would be more suited for a duchess".
BTW, have you seen my designs for the Grand Army of the Republic?
Glad you like the clones! "Republic Face" is my favorite nickname. The tattoo on his face (I believe his name is Jesse in TCW) was too hard to not make an obvious nickname out of it.
There's actually no S.I.T.H. Academy, so to speak. So if I get to get baddies, the S.I.T.H. characters would just be grouped with the "Confederacy of Independent Nations" profiles. The main three for that set are Count Dookula (Tyrannical Tyrant), Anya Ventsky, and General Doleful. Don't know whether to include bounty hunters, but Knute and Rudy would definitely be part of it. And I still have no idea what would be the outfit for the "Insidious One".