Crisis on Infinite Earths
Plot Changes (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
- First off, I'd have all the heroes on deck for the fight for Earth-38. I get because of 'budgetary reasons' that can't have all the actors there, but realistically speaking if you're facing the apocalypse, you need all the help you can get.
- I'd keep Oliver dead after the first part. The whole 'Lazarus Pit' side story was completely and utterly pointless and really did nothing but waste time. He'll still become the Specter later on in the story, but there really wasn't a point to what happened in parts 2 & 3.
- The Paragons
- Love - Diana Prince / Wonder Woman (Earth-1)
- Destiny - Sara Lance / White Canary (Earth-1)
- Courage - Terry McGinnis / Batman (Earth-99)
- Hope - Kara Danvers / Supergirl (Earth-38)
- Honor - J'onn J'onzz / Martian Manhunter (Earth-38)
- Humanity - Jefferson Pierce /Black Lightning (Earth-4)
- Truth - Clark Kent / Superman (Earth-96)
- I switched up the Paragons for a couple of reasons. First of, I find it hard to believe that the Monitor says that there's 7 people across the Multiverse who are supposed to save it, and then have them all come from only two universes. Secondly, am I really supposed to believe that Ryan Choi, a normal professor, was able to fight of the Shadow Demons that killed Oliver Queen? Plus, in my Arrowverse, films like Wonder Woman and Aquaman are canon, and I'd be foolish not to include either of them. I don't like the idea that every main character has to be a Paragon. Having the 'Bat of the Future' not be Terry McGinnis feels like a huge missed opportunity.
- I'd have all the Paragons take on the Anti-Monitor, while the rest of the Arrowverse heroes take on the Shadow Demons as Barry tries to stop the destruction of Earth-1 by destroying the Anti-Matter cannon.
- I'd have Earth-1 Barry actually vanish in Crisis, seemingly sacrificing himself.
- Kara Zor-El would sacrifice her life to defeat the Anti-Monitor, making it appear as though the heroes won the day. Then, Harbinger would be revealed to be under Mobius' influence, would kill Mar Novu and absorb both the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor's powers, destroying the Earth and herself in the process.
- Pariah would send the six remaining Paragons away as the screen fades to black.
- We'd then cut to purgatory, where Oliver Queen is approached by the Specter.
Plot Changes (Parts 4 & 5)
- The six Paragons would awaken in the Vanishing Point and find Kara there. In her pocket, is a piece of paper from the Book of Destiny, revealing that just before the Multiverse was destroyed, Lex used the book to bring her back. Lex is selfish as can be, but he's also smart. There's no way he'd risk the destruction of the entire universe. As much as it hurt him to do it, his survival depended on the Kryptonian.
- The Specter finds Barry Allen in the Speed Force and pulls him back together, instructing him to find the Paragons at the Vanishing Point. Barry brings the Paragons back through time using the Speed Force, finding the Anti-Monitor at the dawn of time.
- As the Paragons battle the Anti-Monitor, the Specter uses his power to restart the Multiverse, sacrificing his life to kill the Anti-Monitor once and for all.
- Part 5 would work as an epilogue, without the Anti-Monitor coming back. It was kind of pointless and cheapened Oliver's sacrifice. Plus, there's so many changes to the Arrowverse post-crisis, that there's a lot of things to cover. Let the heroes honor Oliver Queen and begin anew.
- Also, no giant Beebo. That's just a waste of time and money.
Arrowverse Rewrite: Earth-1 Timeline (Pre-Crisis)
Really cool ideas, especially the part about more of the heroes from the multiverse being Paragons. I don't think they should've been so afraid to "kill off" Barry and Kara, given the universe was going to reboot anyway.
I hope you do a follow up on the changes you would make following the rebirth of the multiverse.
Love this, loved this whole series of rewrites, and I'm very interested to see what you might come up with next 😁. Oh, and maybe Part 5/The Epilogue could have them fight the Psycho Pirate?