Arrowverse Rewrite: Arrow Season 5
- The biggest plot change would be the identity of Prometheus. Instead of it being Adrian Chase/Simon Morrison, both Simon and Susan would be under the mask. Having two people as Prometheus always for deniability as well as making the identity reveal unique as compared to the other reveals done in the Arrowverse.
- Susan and Simon would be twins, the children of Cyrus Broderick, a corrupt businessman killed by Oliver years ago.
- I liked a lot of the aspects of Prometheus, so I wouldn't change much. Instead I'd make the attacks on Team Arrow a little more personal. This would include kidnapping of Lian Harper, the killing of Donna Smoak and Paul Holt.
- Instead of the episode focusing on Black Siren, I'd have the episode be about the return of the Black Canary as she returns in the midseason premiere and deals with being back out into the field.
- One thing that always bugged me about this season was Evelyn Sharp/Artemis. Instead, I'd have her be Bonnie King/Arrowette. Raised by an abusive mother and whose father was a member of H.I.V.E. who died in the previous season. A street orphan, she was taken in by Simon and Susan and used was a mole in Team Arrow from the start, posing as a Green Arrow fangirl.
- The resources Simon and Susan had (the bombs on Lian Yu, the forged identities and histories) were given to them by the mysterious organization that their father worked for.
- Personally, I never bought the idea that everyone easily got a job at the Mayor's office. Instead, I'd like to focus on Thea and Laurel developing their own lives away from Team Arrow, working together at their own bar, helping Oliver mentor the new team, interacting with various customers and dealing with the events from last season.
- I liked Felicity's interactions with Helix and her willingness to betray Team Arrow in order to use Helix to fight Prometheus. I'd add a little bit of depth with the death of Donna Smoak and add in that Helix is so eager to recruit Felicity due to her familiar ties. Rather than her evil hacker father being the Calculator, I'd have it be Cayden James.
- Also let's talk about Curtis. Did anyone ever actually buy the fact that he was an Olympic-level athlete? Let's work that athleticism into the character and not let him become a joke. If you're going to turn someone into a superhero, make it believable.
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Definitely some interesting ideas. I like the idea of introducing the Ninth Circle earlier on. So Laurel would still be gone the first half of the season? Would the crossover play out any differently?
Surprised you didn't go for the surprise of Prometheus being Tommy.
And to be clear, will you be removing the twist of Adrian Chase actually being Simon/Prometheus rather than Vigilante entirely? Cause other than to surprise comic fans, that twist always felt really pointless and lame.
Yeah that's fair. I would say he could have been driven insane by the Lazarus Pit and or being manipulated by Talia or whomever, but that probably wouldn't work with how the Pit works in your Arrowverse.