- Removed all internal caves and unnecessary gaps
- Extended floating details to touch the body with no gaps
- Removed some tiny/floating details that can't be printed
- Removed some of the cracks because they were risky to print
- Reshaped manes, hooves, tails, wings and clothes to have steeper overhangs
- Ensured neighboring objects have overlap where possible
- Made bridges perfectly horizontal where possible
- Moved parts around to make space for supports
- Split wings, horns and some of the hooves to separate printable objects
- Extended capes to touch the ground
- Made the distinct parts touch together early in the printing process. An exception is one of the 4 capes, so I gave it an additional stability structure.
- Removed details on feathers and made them thicker
- Custom build adhesion and support structures
It took a few fails because in some ways this model is different than models I've previously printed. Experiments with new stuff!
But I knew which things I need to test and I tested them separately. I didn't test by running the whole 50 hour print, but those specific pieces or features.
In the end, I only had 2 fails on the big print. One of them failed 30 minutes in, the other 2 hours in. Not much of a time or material loss ^^
ooh and fun thing, later I found a neat way to split it into 3 parts: body 1, body 2 and both heads. Split like this, I could print it much bigger! Up to 60cm wide! but I don't have anywhere to put such a sculpture, hihi
No I'm just saying:
"The immensitude of the project towering over Equestria!
They are perfect the way the are!
So....after the amount of money spent, the work by the many pony stone masons, the dedication by all the officials....now the Princesses want the things painted.....?
Turns out it was one of their jokes...hilarious...now what is the Government to do with six trainloads of paint?"
There is a picture floating round here on DA of the two sisters as larger than life statues guarding a valley or an entrance and I was reminded of that picture, I thought it funny if the sisters were to demand the sautes painted...that's all.
Well, if maddened creatures wanted to cause havoc of those statues it would look a runny nose or a zit!