ear, and spring has sprung with some seasonal Mothcats! Even though these Butterdog themed babies won't be replacing mothcats **forever**, they're here for a fun XTA event. These adorable Mothcats may be a bit species confused, but they are all heckin good puppers, and want to come home with you! And the best part of all, how much are these puppies in the window? Free of charge, they will only cost a bit of your time and creativity!
- You must be a Mothcats member to participate. (By being a member, you automatically agree to our Species Terms and Conditions.)
- You do not need to own a Mothcat to participate.
- Both admins and members can participate.
- Members who are on probation or otherwise banned from contests may not enter.
- One person may be chosen for one design only (but there is no restriction on if you want to enter all three).
- Only put as much effort into it as you're willing. (Remember that entering any sort of competition involves a risk of losing.)
- Upload each entry separately.
- Submit all DTA/WTA/Raffle entries to the 2020 Butterdogs XTA folder, making sure they are tagged appropriately in the title [Butterdogs DTA/WTA/Raffle].
- All WTA/DTA/Raffle entries must link back to this journal to advertise the group/event.
- You may submit up to 5 entries for the WTA, 5 entries for the DTA, and 5 entries for the raffle (15 entries max if you enter all).
- You may not enter multiple categories with the same deviation or otherwise "combine" entries for the DTA, WTA, or raffle.
- We will judge and announce the winners by June 30th (15 days later)
Mothcats admins are invited to judge if they are not participating in the contest. We are not seeking extra judges.
We will judge primarily on the following criteria:
- Post rude and/or demeaning comments about yourself, your entries, or any other participant.
- Do not post comments like, "You're gonna win for sure," or "I hope you win." Instead, compliment entries without the use of superlatives!
- Do not make comments describing how much you want to own/deserve any contest prizes (which may discourage others from participating).
TRAIT INFORMATION + INDIVIDUAL GUIDELINES
Good as Golden (Draw to Adopt Only) - By Arquerite
DTA ENTRY GUIDELINES
- Crafting is not allowed.
- Any drawing medium is accepted.
- Character/reference sheets are allowed. Multiple fully painted drawings on one canvas are not.
- Comics are allowed, with 1 page = 1 entry (with a maximum of 5 panels per page).
- ***NEW*** Animations are allowed, with a maximum length of 10 seconds.
- Writing, such as character description in the artist's comments, may be included with your entries, but will not be counted in the judging process.
Sunset Schnauzer (Write to Adopt Only) - By itinerare
- English only.
- Any type of writing is welcome (short stories, poems, etc.).
- Minimum of 500 words per entry (5 stanzas for poetry).
- Maximum of 3,000 words per entry.
- **NEW** - For submissions, we will allow links to Google Docs documents with your entry, but the following requirements must be met:
- The link to your entry must be placed in a journal or literature submission and submitted to the Mothcats Gallery in the Event folder
- You must NOT edit the text of your entry after the due date, we will be checking the last edited indicator on each entry!
- You must remember to allow sharing (please choose Anyone with Link Can View, rather than Anyone Can edit)
- It is preferred, but not required that you include a summary, first paragraph, or some text in the deviantart submission, so people can enjoy browsing the folder
Spring Wolfhound (Raffle to Adopt Only) - by DarlingJess
Long Classic Antenna
Butterfly Wings (Extended Short)
Glitter bow w/ bell
- For one raffle ticket, draw a Mothcat (or subspecies) enjoying the Springtime (perhaps with some flowers, spending time outside, or enjoying a spring rainstorm).
- Each participant can have up to 5 entries, for 5 tickets total (you may submit multiple entries/Mothcats in the same deviation)
- Participants may draw their own Mothcats/subspecies, those of a friend (with permission), the Mothcats Mascots, or one of the XTA Mothcats to earn tickets - just make it clear that you're entering for the raffle if you draw one of the XTA cats!
- To qualify, entries must show at least 75% of the Mothcat and be fully colored. Backgrounds and shading are optional.