Just some more thoughts on this as I've been getting more good feedback.
Q: Can I submit more than one?
A:I'd say submit your best, hopefully I'll get back to you and see what other rough ideas you may have. And we'll flesh some things out.
Q: Will submitting a fully colored artwork help my design win?
A: Coloring doesn't garauntee winning, but effort begets thought regardless of skill.
Q: Does my drawing have to be good to win?
A: A beter drawing only helps protray the idea better. I have a good imagination and a very sharpened sense of perception. I'll get it if there's something there to get. Though, I am a stickler for a clean final product, to in the end I may want a clean submission to go along side the movie. But this submission phase is mostly to jive back and forth about ideas.
One thing that's kinda hard to avoid is that I may be biased towards my taste. As the Director, it's my job to pick what I feel is the best among the talent. That's not saying my choice is always right, it's just what I want. Therefore I have two solutions for this:
1. I may hold a poll for a "People's Choice" category with ayet to be determined number of winners which we as a group can vote on. So from now on when submitting a deign(s) tag it with the keywords "Dead Fantasy III or Monty Oum" (Just becasue it would narrow the search query) so that the design can be pulled up quickly.
2. CONFORM TO MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
My tastes include and ARE MOSTLY, but doesn't necessarily require:
Boots (with a maximum fetish quotient of 6 hahaha)
High Heels (Despite the fact that they're not so functional, but who cares)
Strappy stuff & Belts
Cool Hair Pieces
Responsible usage of bows
Thigh Highs (Stockings or boots)
Cool Designer Tops
Hints of Lace
Really anything you'd want to see a normal person wearing. Think Nomura, as in not too crazy, not too fantastical. Stuff that could actually pass as real clothes, but at the same time is pushing it.. With believable characters comes believable design. If the prettiest person you knew wore XY design and still got laughed at in public, you know there's something wrong.
Therefore, the list of things that really turn me off include and ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
An absurd amount of Metal & Bolts
Overtly Exposed Crotches
Liberal usage of anything
Part of the reason for this contest is I HATE the secondary designs in FFX-2. I will use some of them, but honestly it could've been done better.
Really that above is to avoid is someone putting their heart into something and it not get used. I'm putting this advice out there because think of it as me responding to that note you sent me under the pile of other notes that I'm still digging through. As always I'd rather get back to you personally, but my inbox just here on DA is 16,000+ full. It's becoming a full-time job just answering messages on top of everything else I need to get done. Please consider this and I will do my best to get back to you.Original Info:
Dead Fantasy III will feature dressphere changes in the one on one fight between Rikku and Ayane. I do plan on using some of the existing dresspheres, but as I abhore most of their designs, (seriously what a waste, you've got a game where cute girls are constantly changing outfits and all you have to choose from is crap on top of crap.) I am taking the opportunity to reach out to you my fellow artist and work together on making some fan made dresspheres.
Further detailing the requirements of this, I'll bullet point the relevant and great ideas info so far.
- This is for Dead Fantasy III,
which I will be working on on and off alongside some other things
- I am asking for an original
design. I'm doing this cause I want you
to see your
design in my movie
- I will be modeling it
, all I'm really asking for is a quick drawing, maybe even if it's an idea well though out enough that I could draw myself.
- When the movie's done I want to be able to point to your artwork and give you full credit when people say "where's that dressphere? How come I didn't see that in the game?"Rules:
Dressphere cannot overlap
the current existing dresspheres. I.E. don't design a gunner dressphere when a gunner one already exists. Not too comical
- I.E. Mascot, Trainer, Berserker, lady luck, they're kinda pushing it as far as designs go. This movie is pretty serious actually. When I think about the previz, it's pretty hard hitting. So I don't want to put something in that'll distract the viewer.Must fit Rikku's Style
- She has a generally warm color pallete and high yellows. She's also wearing things on the skimpy side, but the designs that work well on her are still more or less tastefullThis is still a fighting movie
- Which means it still has to be something that's mobile, so I anticipate having a pretty tough time with ones like Black Mage that aren't built for high movement.STEPS FOR SUBMITTING:
Simply upload you artwork to your DA account and send me a link (believe it or not I really do read all the comments/notes/messags.)DEADLINE
Not too sure, I haven't quite figured out my schedule for the next few months, but I can guarantee it won't be anytime soon. This movie is going to require a massive amount of content creation.