I have three high priority tasks in front of me currently:
1. Build personal website. Yeah I still don't have one.
2. Create Promotional Art for DF II. Which will be used for DVD covers posters, banners etc.
3. Start Dead Fantasy III
Of course the first thing I want to do is just go straight into starting Dead Fantasy III. But I've gone far too long without having a website. I've already bought the space and am ready to go, but damned if it'll take me some time to jog my memory as how to actually build one. Having a website means I can post artwork that doesn't agree with DA's copyright rules, ahem... possibly make it link to my paypal and... ummm... ya know... maybe makes some monies... if that's okay.
Promo artwork which involves simply throwing some renders together and backdrops and you know doing that stuff I used to do... non moving images. It goes hand in hand with getting that website built too. I'm not far off from just hiring someone to do it, but as you can tell I'm really a big "Do it Yourself, do it alone, guy" But I guess asking is the first good step I always take.
Plus getting this stuff outta the way will let me get to the important stuff. That is starting Dead Fantasy III, and finally the ever important for me & out of respect for Reuben Kee, ROAD 4 (I'll talk about that one later.)
Low priority Tasks:
1. Get my dance on!!! (Done and done)
2. Go see the dentist
3. Get a checkup
4. Do my taxes
5. Setup my 401k
6. other "living" stuff
So anyhoo, getting a website built yeah, anyone got any tips? I'm not looking to make anything complicated. Something ya know... has pictures, let's me embed movies, maybe some buttons n stuff. I like the way redvsblue.com is setup. Maybe even do a web comic if I ever find the time.
Dead Fantasy III will feature dressphere changes in the one on one fight between Rikku and Ayane. I do plan on using some of the existing dresspheres, but as I abhore most of their designs, (seriously what a waste, you've got a game where cute girls are constantly changing outfits and all you have to choose from is crap on top of crap.) I am taking the opportunity to reach out to you my fellow artist and work together on making some fan made dresspheres.
Further detailing the requirements of this, I'll bullet point the relevant and great ideas info so far.
- This is for Dead Fantasy III,
which I will be working on on and off alongside some other things
- I am asking for an original
design. I'm doing this cause I want you
to see your
design in my movie
- I will be modeling it
, all I'm really asking for is a quick drawing, maybe even if it's an idea well though out enough that I could draw myself.
- When the movie's done I want to be able to point to your artwork and give you full credit when people say "where's that dressphere? How come I didn't see that in the game?"Rules:
Dressphere cannot overlap
the current existing dresspheres. I.E. don't design a gunner dressphere when a gunner one already exists. Not too comical
- I.E. Mascot, Trainer, Berserker, lady luck, they're kinda pushing it as far as designs go. This movie is pretty serious actually. When I think about the previz, it's pretty hard hitting. So I don't want to put something in that'll distract the viewer.Must fit Rikku's Style
- She has a generally warm color pallete and high yellows. She's also wearing things on the skimpy side, but the designs that work well on her are still more or less tastefullThis is still a fighting movie
- Which means it still has to be something that's mobile, so I anticipate having a pretty tough time with ones like Black Mage that aren't built for high movement.STEPS FOR SUBMITTING:
Simply upload you artwork to your DA account and send me a link (believe it or not I really do read all the comments/notes/messags.)DEADLINE
Not too sure, I haven't quite figured out my schedule for the next few months, but I can guarantee it won't be anytime soon. This movie is going to require a massive amount of content creation.