Welcome to MLP-Original-Ponies,
What is an OC, or original character? It is a character created by YOU or another fan. It is NOT a pony from the show itself.
We are a group dedicated to original (OC) and crossover characters based around the MLP:FiM series. (For those that don't understand, an original character is one created by a fan. Canon characters such as Twilight Sparkle are not OCs.)
How to join
Standard group membership is open to everypony just click the 'Join Group' button on the left hand side of the main page and join as a member. Your request will be automatically approved then (once you've read the group rules) you can start submitting your pictures and fanfics to share with everypony. If you cannot see the button, contact DA, or use a computer instead of a mobile device. Don't message us as we cannot do anything about it.
Please read these before submitting to the group,
Your picture or fanfic must feature an original character or Crossover character. A crossover character is a character from another show drawn as a pony or mlp creature to be accepted.
What we will reject:
- Pony Generator art
- Bases (Art done with other people's bases will be accepted at admin's discretion.)
Exception: YCH "Bases" are always acceptable in the Adoptable / Advertisements folder for
advertising "Your Character Here" commissions.
- Hate art/speech or abusive of any kind.
- Anything against DA's guidelines.
- Any picture of inanimate objects will be declined if the picture does not feature an OC.
- No WIPs. Please wait until you finish your art before submitting it.
Exception: Completed sketches will be acceptable.
We will only accept a drawing once. No duplicates
All submissions should represent your best work. If you are limited to taking phone pics of your art, please take care to take the best possible photo.
- For photographs, it means clear and well-lit, with any irrelevant background removed (cropped).
- For sketches, it means drawn clean with understandable lines.
- Poor phone photos of your art will probably be rejected.
- Having your art rotated wrong will result in rejection.
If your submission is rejected without a reason being given, please re-read the rules above, because the reason is given here.
Information on what should be submitted to each folder can be found in each folder's description.