So I did a lot last year, and some of it was even stuff I was supposed to do! Funny how things like vacuuming, laundry, or book keeping become super* important* when I have a story that I am stuck on. I tried to fight that as much as possible, and it shows in my word count, but a lot of that time ends up being me sitting at my desk pushing words around on a page like a picky eater being told they cannot leave the table until they finish their Brussels sprouts. As such going to work on doing things smarter this year, instead of just flailing about and part of that is goals. Goals like these…
- I want to average 875-900 words per day. In order to grow my output by 10% and reach a modest goal of 330k makes sense and this is the work count I need to have daily to even come close. I think with me counting other stuff like this post and work I do for Ultimate Pump such a goal is totally achievable.
- I want to write a warm up at least every other day. However, instead of trying to meet a word count with them, I want to spend no more than an hour on each. Not sure how that will go, but it is worth a try. That said, I will have an announcement post about it that will get updated with asks as the year goes along.
- I want the PubClub Ongoing to update more often. I feel like I fell asleep on this one after changing the story from Ivy, the Pursuader to On Your Six (a yuri about eSports athletes). Part of that is the mixed feeling I get from my $5+ patrons, only a third of them voted in the last story’s poll and I am not sure if it is ambivalence to what I am polling on or the story not being sexy enough. Will probably spend the next week doing some public polls to get an idea of what people want to see in a CYOA Ongoing.
- Speaking of polls, I want to get back to running regular polls on Patreon. I think I tried to go too hard and ended up burned out on a lot of the things I wanted to ask. Now, with a new year ahead of me, I feel like I can maybe plan weeks of content out better. Further, with me working on Ultimate Pump, there is a lot of great things I can ask about how people play games, engage with characters. So expect to see some questions from last year
- And finally, I desperately need to crush my backlog. I have 33 outstanding stories, not counting patron work this month. While a portion of those are two large stories chunked up a bit for ease of writing, nearly half are outstanding requests from 2016! I ended up stalling out on them when I scrapped the plot for Demi Twins four times and let Cute Little Darkness grow to an unwieldy size.
So yeah, just a couple things, really. More soon!