All of the Gates of Midnight comics I worked on have now been released! I provided covers for all four issues, and interior color on #1 and #2. You can pick these supernatural action comics at Comixology or at booth M11 in the Small Press section of San Diego Comic Con this week!
This week on Humble Bundle is CATS themed! You can get 7 awesome cat games PLUS if you donate $25 or more you will get a T-shirt THAT I DESIGNED!
The “game” the kittens are playing is available as a desktop wallpaper on my site so you can recreate the tee with your own kittens!
- Listening to: Leia's breathing
This weekend March 6-8 I'll be in the Artist Alley at GnomeCon in Savannah, GA! I'll be selling prints, original art, necklaces, and magnets made of my popular Cat Archer and Cat Sorceress pieces! I just had these made and it's a serious struggle not to just cover my fridge in them instead of sell them to you guys.
If you can't make it to Gnome Con, I've got your back! Just check out My Shop for more kitten goodness (and other stuff, if you're into that). The first five orders between now and the 8th will get a free magnet included!
- Listening to: A chorus of cats.
- Reading: Slam Dunk
- Watching: Agent Carterrrr
- Listening to: Jurassic Park OST
- Reading: Smut Peddler
- Watching: Battlestar Galactica
- Playing: Civ 5
- Listening to: Janelle Monae
- Reading: Artbooooks
- Watching: The Musketeers (BBC)
- Playing: Batman Arkham City
If you would like to be a part of supporting such a spectacular company, and want to check out their first comic, please consider supporting and/or sharing their Kickstarter! kck.st/1lsWs4E The KS funds will see to printing, paying the creative team and printing for issues 5-8 of GoM, fund their next all-lady titles, and maybe even give them a shot at starting an all-woman comic convention!
We need more comic books that speak to female comic creatives and fans better, and I think these lovely ladies just might be the ones to prove that fans are interested in strong female protags and a different PoV!
Thanks for taking a look! kck.st/1lsWs4E
- Listening to: How to Train Your Dragon OST
- Reading: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Watching: Silicon Valley, David the Gnome
- Playing: Civilization V
- Listening to: The Good, The Bad, The Weird OST
- Reading: Siegfried by Alex Alice
- Watching: Star Trek: TNG, Hannibal, Face Off
- Playing: Civilization V
- Listening to: Wreck-It Ralph OST
- Reading: Nausicaa
- Watching: Face Off
- Playing: Dungeon Defenders
If you're a fan of my Ventress vs Clones piece, I've turned it into a T-shirt design for the We Love Fine Star Wars Dark Side contest. If you have a moment and are a fan of bald, female Sith, then go here to vote! tinyurl.com/cm52oj3
- Listening to: BBC Documentaries
- Reading: Avatar: TLA The Search GN
- Watching: Downton Abbey
I'm also still participating in the monthly Artist Bazaar in Savannah, Ga at DeSoto Row Gallery. They are the first friday in every month. The next one is April 5th from 6 to 9PM!
Another sequential color sample for my portfolio.
- Listening to: Chuno OST
- Reading: Thermae Romae
- Watching: The Good, The Bad, The Weird
- Playing: Alpha Centauri
I have just restocked my shop for the holidays! There are many items that haven't been available online before. Prints, framed mini watercolors, cards and necklaces! Tomorrow I'm also releasing a very limited edition of a quirky "holiday" card, so stay tuned!
On Friday, December 7th I will be participating in a First Friday Art March bazaar located at DeSoto Row Gallery in downtown Savannah, GA. If you are in town stop by to see me and a bunch of stellar artists offering awesome art that will make wonderful gifts!
- Listening to: Avengers OST
- Reading: John Carter of Mars
- Watching: Sungkyunkwan Scandal (again)
- Playing: Alpha Centauri
I designed my first T-shirt using a black & white version of my ArtOrder-winning "Vintage Tiefling" piece. It's currently up for scoring at Threadless.com. You can click the link above to score and/or comment if you have a moment to spare! You can also check out the design placement on more colors and on larger model pics here on my site.
- Reading: The Complete Royal Families of Ancient Egypt
- Watching: Misfits
- Eating: King Cake
This Saturday I'll be participating in a charity event at the Tantra Lounge in Savannah, GA. There will be arts and crafts for sale all day and night, live acts and bands, raffles and an auction all benefiting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity. If you live in the area, come by and have some fun while doing some good!
- Reading: Game of Thrones
- Watching: Project Runway
- Listening to: Chuno, Chil Woo & Sungkyunkwan Scandal OSTs
- Reading: Finder, Slam Dunk, 100 Bullets
- Watching: Game of Thrones, My Little Pony, Ugly Betty
- Playing: Super Mario Bros.
Some of you might remember her from this article about her very well-known Simpsonzu fanart and subsequent Bongo work.
I just finished reading it myself and it's AWESOME. If you're a fan of her free webcomic Saturnalia of yore than you might like it even better.
(I want a Nue...and a Kyumon...)
A while back I did some color work and a pin-up for "The Clockwork Girl" through Arcana Comics and it just recently came back in-stock at Amazon. Pick it up if you like Disney style, dark fantasy, or steampunk.
- Listening to: various music videos
- Reading: Yokaiden and Katmandi!
- Watching: Hellboy II
- Playing: (nothing...*sniff*)
- Eating: Cookies!
- Drinking: Milk