So a week ago I posted a journal on why bronycon should end just yet. I have received an email from bronycon, and this is what they have to say. (note this email is unedited)
Thanks for your email! I know that BronyCon means a tremendous amount to a lot of people. It means a lot to me too. I've been coming to BC for 6 years. It's where my family is, and it's an event I love with all my heart.
We're not throwing BronyCon in the trash. We're giving it the send-off it deserves, rather than letting it wither away over the next few years as community members move on and interests wanes. BronyCon as it is today means a lot to people. I don't know if BronyCon in a few years would mean as much to them.
Events change over time. As you say, you can go to Trotcon or BABSCon, but there's only one BronyCon. We want to end BronyCon while it's still the BronyCon that everyone knows and loves. So we're deciding to go out with a bang and throw one last absolutely amazing party, to celebrate this wonderful fandom that means so much to all of us.
As to your specific suggestions:
1. Running an event costs a lot of money! We have to sell several thousands of tickets to simply be able to pay the BCC. Unfortunately, lowering ticket prices isn't feasible, though I really wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything cost less so we could charge less.
2. We invite VIPs who are meaningful to the community and who want to come to the event. We've reached out to some of the people on your list and haven't had a lot of success. Maybe one day.
3. The BCC only has a few available weekends for us to run BronyCon, as summer is the busiest time for events and they host many other events. This means we can't really be picky about when BronyCon is.
4. I'm really proud of how much we listen to the community and try and incorporate everyone's ideas and content into the event. If you have an idea or feedback you want to tell us about, feel free to let me know or fill out this form
I agree with you, I don't want to see BronyCon go either. But right now, we're not in a position where the event is getting stronger. We've decided to come together and throw an amazing party—not just the best damn 3 days of everyone's life, but the best 4. We're going to leave everyone who comes to BronyCon with a weekend they'll remember for the rest of their life, and end on the highest note possible.
Thanks for taking the time to write to us, and I hope you can attend BronyCon 2019.
Smell that? That's not shit, that's not human shit, that's not dog shit, that's cow shit, that not shit after your done eating Taco Bell.
1. Ok have they ever thought of moving bronycon to a cheaper convention center move bronycon out of Baltimore. I mean the con used to be in new jersey it wouldn't hurt to move again? Lexington KY, Columbus OH, Chicago IL, Orlando, FL that's just a hand full
2. Maybe one day? This is your last fucking con who are you going to invite people if theirs no con?
3. Take your chances choose any date before comic con
4. You are doing a piss poor job at that.
not only that bronycon has ignored some parts of the email I sent them, plus there are bronies out there that will be there to the end hell these a new brony convention that just open this year in Las Vegas proof that brony conventions can still be strong.
and no I go to bronycon because I don't have the money.
so there you have it bronycon has ignored apart of my email and the bronycon staff handle this email poorly. No wonder it ending.
i hope whoever going the bronycon 2019 have a blast #dontendbronycon