True characters used to work and rule this land. Some still do. I used to, too.
True characters used to work and rule this land. Some still do. I used to, too.
- Listening to: the fan
- Reading: what i just wrote
- Watching: my tongue
- Playing: with nostalgia
- Eating: some words
- Drinking: the blood of my enemies
In a devious time long gone, I interviewed fourteen of my favorite artists.
They were done in the context of promoting super dope artists and their art prints, which they were offering through DA.
At the time I was still quite fresh working on the DA Prints Staff when there was an actual Prints department, doing quality control and promotions on the side.
El Capitan Mr. lllo0o0olll tasked me with this one fine day and I was quite reluctant throughout that period because Jesus Hitler Christ was I socially awkward back then.
But, I got to pick whomever I wanted, so every once in a while I asked artists who I was very fond of a bunch of way over-thought questions.
It started with my by now most eldest distant friend glittersniffer and at some point ended the series on a personal high note with grand-master SRaffa.
There were many a legend in between, make no mistake.
Why I haven't thought of compiling this list until now is beyond me.
SRaffa - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
zemotion - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
tigaer - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
damie-m - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
kevissimo - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
precurser - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
Artgerm - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
nighty - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
nykolai - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
AnneJulieAubry - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
ekud - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
arcipello - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
insaneone - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
glittersniffer - midnightexigent.deviantart.com…
All things change in a dynamic environment.
Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.
I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries.
If a technological feat is possible, man will do it.
Almost as if it's wired into the core of our being.
Even a simulated experience or a dream is simultaneous reality and fantasy.
It can also be argued that DNA is nothing more than a program designed to preserve itself. Life has become more complex in the overwhelming sea of information. And life, when organized into species, relies upon genes to be its memory system. So, man is an individual only because of his intangible memory... and memory cannot be defined, but it defines mankind.
1) The web is raging at the United Airlines flight that violently forced an involuntary volunteer off the plane because fuck consumers. Nobody helped him. Obey. United Airlines isn't gonna suffer in a notable way from this because your cheap air travel is more important than internetedly "standing against what's wrong". But sure, people who film shit with their phones to go viral on the web are totally helping.
2) Everybody is irked by that silly Pepsi spot with Kendall Jenner as if it's utterly out of reach that Pepsi just went along with the great example the great Americans are making these days. Just give refreshing beverages to your overlords since you elected Hitler 2.0.17 as your leader. Self-reflection is beyond most people. It's an honest ad for once.
3) Everybody who whines about violation of privacy in social media while posting every angle of their lives should walk off a cliff so they can whine at tectonic plate shift for that inconvenience.
4) The Ghost In The Shell movie is complete garbage. Scarlett Johannson's deadpan emotionless acting might befit her android role but it's at best sleep-inducing, which is nice when you suffer bad sleep patterns. It's bland junk food compared to the feast for thought that the original animes are. Some argue that notions of AI, interconnectedness of everything and mixed culture don't make the impact it made over 20 years ago, which is true when it's attempted to be done via a generic sci-fi action shit show.
6) Almost everything can be blown up to be a social issue that supposedly affects everybody. Fuck that. Let's just be honest and live as dignified savages lest we face the extinction of our very human souls at the hand of self-imposed political correctness in every aspect of our corrupted lives.
7) We glorify people who appear insightful while being mostly quiet but maybe they're just fuckups who have enough self-awareness to suppress acting on their desperation to be normal. Being able to recognize yourself in others and others in you goes a long way but it might not make for a better life at all.
8) By now I don't really want to know what anyone believes religiously, spiritually or otherwise made-up-ly. I can never fully trust people who put a god above all else. Faiths that claim to be inclusive of the unfaithful are phony because how can anyone know if someone's not just going to fuck them over because their fantasy is more important than a living breathing fellow human. On the other hand, how am I supposed to take someone's faith to scripture seriously if they selectively abandon it, albeit for the benefit of other people? If you're a good person I don't care why that is. If you act like a scumbag in the name of faith, I hope Saint Lucifer welcomes you with open arms at the gates of your heaven.
9) I hope the liar Donald Trump obliterates everything that the USA pretends to be about so there is no other recourse than to do things right when he's made his fecal mark on people who'll eat shit as long as they can perceive a shimmer of gold in the great turd.
1) Reaching your rebirth limit and having only that one life left to live. You got 250 years. Make them count.
2) Someone punched your third eye and you can't see beyond the veil of reality for a week. A week is 17 days measured by today's standards because the sun is going supernova and pushing its satellites away.
3) You're constipated because the ultramarket around the corner had a batch of malfunctioning nanobot diet supplement on sale the other day.
4) Dying from suffocation in outer space because you drunkenly stumbled off the edge of the planet. Earth is actually flat now thanks to a terra-forming project to streamline our home rock. It's also a perfect square now.
5) Getting to work late by 3.5 lifetimes because one of your 700 siblings pranked you with hypersleep pod malware. You snitch on sibling#274 and tell dad#23 and mom#91 it stole golden tears of the sun from their wallets to book a trip to Earth 9 in the alterverse. No telehallucinations for Shteeve for 1000 years!
6) You get suck in 1358 because the sun in that time is too far away to power your eco friendly time machine. You make use of your VR history class simulation lessons and found the Republic of Dubrovnik because what else are you gonna do.
7) You fall asleep at your worksation, hit your head on the control panel and accidentally reset the universe to factory settings and plead with your workerbot union to pay for a big bang to mend things with the Architect.
8) You're an artist and hit an art block because your brain has difficulties adapting to your brand new retinal implants that makes a greater spectrum of light visible for more colors that you literally couldn't imagine. Vanta Black isn't the blackest black anymore. Your motor skills have also gone to shit because you haven't had a sip of fresh servo oil in weeks.
He had an unhealthy craving for finely ground up toe nail clippings of little children, of which he would snort line after line on Friday nights. It's the closest legal thing to ingesting baby bones, and cocaine had not been invented yet.
He would patiently collect them in little vials at his job as a kindergarten janitor and cleanse them in XXXX whiskey before going to town on them.
Nobody ever knew why he permanently looked like he had the Valencia Instagram filter applied to his physical being, especially since neither Instagram nor smartphones nor electricity had been invented yet.
Sliced bread was the latest fad at the time, which had just been invented by accident by a knife wielding maniac in a local bakery.
His darkest secret were his violent yet odorless farts, which neighbors described as demonic noises or what would later be known as European techno music.
Aged 81, Albert Nosehairtrimmings died of natural causes - a lightning strike. His grave still smells like burnt toe nail clippings, only recognizable to fellow aficionados of the substance.
Those kids... they're kids. One can feel like a kid again watching them. They're awkward, they play, they have adventures.
They really pull you in, don't they? These characters are wonderfully convincing.
We can't help but have a favorite - Eleven, of course. I like "Elf" for her, which also happens to mean eleven in German. Works, right?
That enigmatic, tortured girl can't not be the focus of this feature, hence the title. She speaks very few words through the series and yet expresses so much thanks to Millie Bobby Brown's haunting performance.
We had no difficulties finding amazing fan art pieces for Stranger Things with which we can explore the characters, places and underlying themes. Let's go to the Upsidedown. Don't get lost.
Something's coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness.
We never would’ve upset you if we knew you had superpowers.
“Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?”
Science is neat, but I’m afraid it’s not very forgiving.
Friends don't lie.
Whatever this thing is, it’s not traveling far.
Something is going on here.
While drafting this issue, lovelessdevotions and MidnightExigent encountered several demogorgons and no Barb at all.
Sometimes I hit the frontpage and can't identify anything I find noteworthy. But very once in a red moon there's a whole bunch of remarkable stuff in my immediate sight.
Then I might be like 'Hold your horses!' and I hold my horses and then I realize I don't own horses and I'm merely holding on to my desk to keep from falling off my chair.
It's edging on depression, except rather than seeping in, the darkness has just been lurking and scratching at the door. It's barely palpable but there enough to make me want to grab it, form it into a ball and throw it at the next best random zombie.
I keep uselessly wishing I had dropped out of DA to waste less time online and to (being forced to) pursue a more normal offline life much sooner than I did. The first half of 2015 was a fucking shit show anyway and there was a point at which I was dead certain it won't last much longer. I desperately held on to it nonetheless. The last couple years while I still worked here I sometimes felt that I couldn't wait to trash talk about working at DA should the time come when that wouldn't be the case anymore.
It actually and gladly didn't materialize and surprisingly I still can't really relate to ex DA staff who went an awful amount of time and energy to rage against the machine after... leaving.
I had to abandon this ship unceremoniously after working on it for 10 years because someone had too many wet dreams they mistook for great ideas for this strange place.
Currently, for about a half year by now, I'm struggling to acquire integral skill, knowledge and competence at my chosen new trade but it's happening alongside people at work who are in love with what they do rather than their own grand words that don't match their actions and certainly not the over-promised results.
I have forgiven certain people their grandiose bullshit but only for my own sake.
To inflated egos I might well come off as an asshole. On the other hand, they aren't known for their prowess to perceive things in a balanced manner or a sense of actual fairness. I mean I've been told things in dead seriousness that in retrospect make me wanna recommend some people they go see a psychologist or get fucked in both eye sockets. I used to look up to them and now I wouldn't let them wipe my ass with their bare hands.
I've always been of the opinion that DA should have never sprung from fucking Hollywood, but the fact of that place just explains most of the top-level bullshit that has ever transpired here.
I guess I did just form a little booger ball of darkness and tossed it at the next best zombies. But that's how it's always been. I most motivated to express myself thanks to negative twists.
The really good stuff is for me and those who are actually involved in it.
The new Current Value album 'Biocellulose' is excellent hard-hitting and unique techno-infused drum and bass.
The new Rob Zombie album is just awful.
The new Submerged album 'After Such Knowledge, What Forgiveness?' is beautiful intense drum and bass full sweet melodies and brutal breaks.
The new Limewax album 'Limewax' is alien sex for the ears the defies genres (aka skullstep).
Ritualz's witchy electronic music makes me wanna sacrifice goats for breakfast.
The Americans is my most favorite show in a long time.
The Game Of Thrones season 6 premiere felt as boring as expected.
11.22.63 was super good.
Scandal is just a fuck fest anymore.
Master Of None starring Aziz Ansari is truly good. He's excellent at highlighting the absurdities of the human struggle.
Better Call Saul season 2 kept up the quality level. Calling this show a spin off is almost an insult.
Destiny is still a grind fest but I've finally found great fun in the warlock class, especially the stormcaller sub-class.
Diablo 3 is still grindy fun.
Fallout 4's plot sadly vanished way too quickly among stupid settlement janitor servicing and and random shit quests.
The new trailer for Deus Ex - Mankind Divided looks beyond insane and makes me wish I had a fortune for a new gaming PC.
He Never Died starring Henry Rollins is a seriously impressive movie and by far the best vampire film I know of.
10 Cloverfield Lane was better than expected.
I'm addicted to inhaling vapors of pepperminty varieties. I have permanently fresh breath.
I mainly fix and service Kyocera copiers and printers as well as computer and network systems and whatever devices used in offices these days and we also do high-end office furniture. I get around a lot and it feels good to be of (technical) service to people in that seemingly mundane aspect of their daily work lives. It's more satisfying than I could have imagined but people need to quit giving fax systems a reason to exist and people need to RTFM.
Everything is memes and it's fucking depressing.
Most of them are fucking nuts and life energy vampires. A few of them are lovely and worthy of deep devotion.
Two days ago it snowed and today it was very warm. Seasons feel like an obsolete concept these days.