(well i guess the title should be "left deviantart")
dont wanna read this entire journal and just wanna find me again?
here i am!:
on jan 1 2017 i decided to restart my tumblr and i slowly came to the decision that i wanted to leave deviantart
a week later, i guess i completely mentally moved to tumblr and forgot to make any announcement saying i was leaving and it ended up looking like i sneaked away silently
so here i am, 5 months later
on may 7th at 1:57am
announcing that i left deviantart.
the reason why i came back here at all to make this announcement (its actually so wild)
its bc i was thinking about bleach
not clorox i mean that garbage anime that everyone hates
but i dont hate it
i love bleach with all my heart (until after all the arrancar disappeared bc thats when i left bleach oops!)
actually as im typing this im listening to the character songs and suffering from crippling nostalgia bc its 2am!!1!
im thinking about bleach
and i start thinking about the story, and the characters, and then my brain singled out ulquiorra, grimmjow, and orihime
now if you've been watching me from the very very beginning, youll know that those 3 were my entire world years ago
and without them this account wouldve gone absolutely nowhere
so now im thinking about deviantart and realized i didnt ever say i left
which is why im here now saying that i left! wow!
why did i leave deviantart?
it was a real slow process for me to decide to leave
but thanks to cause and effect i was able to just do it when 2017 started
Why I Left Deviantart:
1. My Friends Left- i used to have an amazing group of internet friends on here. this was way way way back in 2012 and earlier, but one by one they started growing tired of deviantart and roleplay and ocs and they left and suddenly i was all alone. my account was more popular than all of them pageview-wise and watcher-wise, but it really didnt matter to me bc they werent there with me. they know who they are, maybe one of you are reading this which i think is fantastic! hello again! miss u!
2. Commissions are impossible- want me to draw something? how to make me draw something: step 1: pay me. simple, but it really doesnt work, bc no one wants to spend money on some mediocre 20,000 pageview artist.
3. Requests (ew)- sometimes id want practice. for FREE! wow! and at the word FREE, people start flooding my inbox with requests and it becomes too much. and then ill have to cancel some requests bc im just too tired to do it. and when i put the $ up for the people who really want one, everyone runs away bc the $ is such an ugly repulsive symbol that no one needs
4. Requests pt 2- sometimes the requests i get are just so nasty too like yall are so weird with what you want and ive gotten so much weird stuff requested and i rly dont need that in my life bye
5. dA is so toxic- dont get me wrong theres some real real super nice ppl, but i bet those people know how toxic this website actually is under this cream of the crop of angels. i dont even need to explain anything else just take a little look outside ur dA friend group.
6. Competition- dA's system is so broken. unless you physically shit out quality content every single hour, you're never gonna beat those 10m pageview premium- excuse me, core members- which brings me to my next point
7. dA's new interface- i hated the humongous update dA did. idk what year it was but when the whole look of the sight changed, i felt so weird about it and it was so confusing at first. im used to it now but its still so weird.
8.Climbing to the top- with your own original content is basically impossible unless youre an adopt/furry account. you NEED fan art to boost you up and theres literally no other way around it. if you want a famous original piece on here, you're gonna have to advertise it in the descriptions of the 20 naruto drawings you uploaded after.
9. Unprofessional- im halfway through high school, im not 13 anymore, and i need bigger and better exposure. i dont want to rely on fan art and furry oc requests for the rest of my life
10. i cant breathe- "oh popularity isnt the big idea, dA's all about fun!" sorry darling but gaining popularity IS fun and i cant have that here. the requirements for popularity are way too strict and youve gotta be a robot that shits out digital drawings of sexy anime characters. no thanks
in conclusion, bye dA!
nah listen dA was such a fun experience and it made my entire childhood and ill never ever forget the time i spent on here.
but now im older and i need more and i cant get what i want from this website anymore
so where am i?
dont even argue with me about why i chose to move to tumblr
yes it does have a cancerous reputation but thats just not true for the artist part of tumblr
but the way artists spread and grow on there is so much more organic and i can really go nuts on there
and there really was nowhere else to turn
artstation is way too professional
tumblr is a perfect middle
i really dont have much else to say its 2:35am
it was such a fun experience
thanks to all the support everyone gave me through my entire deviantart journey
of course im not going to delete this account or my other accounts bc theres precious memories on here
feel free to keep visiting this account or my old accounts bc ill definitely be stopping by here too
and now for the grand finale
follow me on tumblr!
see u all on the other side!