1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Had a real life. Yes. I had fun after so very long.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I usually don't make resolutions, so practically there's nothing to keep. I don't think I'll make any for 2012.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The Netherlands. Amsterdam is amazing. I'm in love with this city.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Peace. But I doubt I will have any.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmm. I'm not very good with dates but let's see... My birthday, 28 May - we had an awesome time with my friends. My graduation day, July 12. My vacation, 9-13 August... and then August 21st, the day I met my boyfriend... and October 29, the day I broke up with him.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my degree, no doubt!
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few illnesses but nothing serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't remember bying anything that exciting. Does the ticket to Thor movie count? XD
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister. Always there, always sweet and caring.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Oh god, my mother. It's so painful to say, but she made my life a living hell (and all about that aforementioned boyfriend). And everything was so unfair. And also a formerly close friend's behavior. She disappointed me, she hurt me, and I expected a lot better from her.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My vacation again... and to get something going with a super hot guy (I got something but it was very short-lived, given the circumstances). And watching Thor!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I don't know. None I guess.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Reasonably so, I should be, but I don't feel happier at the moment.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Probably the same or slightly thinner.
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. God, I've missed writing!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Online gaming. It's a damn addiction, especially when the exams are around.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family, went out with good friends... it was good generally but nothing overly exciting.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
With a man? No, thankfully. With other things? Of course!
22. How many one-night stands?
None. But could have been one. Or two.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Game of Thrones, for sure. Also Once Upon A Time and Metalocalypse (I recently discovered that). XD
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a big word. I haven't added anyone new to my dislike list.
25. What was the best book you read?
I'm ashamed to say I haven't read any books this year, unless you count the medical ones. If so, I'd vote for my General Surgery book.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ah, music...! Favorite subject. Folk/viking metal (too many bands to list!)
27. What did you want and get?
Amsterdam!!! (And that super hot guy I mentioned already).
28. What did you want and not get?
Something more with that super hot guy. Something more lasting.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
THOR! THOR! THOR! I also watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and Sherlock Holmes and liked them both a lot.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24. We went out with all my friends and had a super awesome time. It was the best birthday celebration I ever had.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my mother hadn't reacted so unreasonably and unfairly about my relationship.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
A always, something between casual and heavy metal. Jeans, leather jackets, boots etc.
33. What kept you sane?
My sense of reason. Music. My sister's support.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Hemsworth is a hands-down win.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I live in Greece. Which political issue of them all do you want me to list first?
36. Who did you miss?
The friends from university. I haven't seen them since July 12.
37. Who was/were the best new person(s) you met?
Hmm. I met a bunch of new people, but I would definitely go for one woman who has become since I met her in summer a very close friend of mine.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Don't give so much to people who don't know what to make of it. It's just a waste of energy and time and it exhausts you.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Mother North, how can they sleep while their beds are burning?" (Satyricon, Mother North)
Yea. That's all. That was 2011. A year of ups and downs, a year half difficult to suffer and half overwhelmingly pleasurable to live. Truth is, there are some issues left dormant, and they are bound to wake up sometime sonner or later. I try to be optimistic for the new year (heck, even Astrology says it's gonna be a good year for Geminis), but it's not easy in these hectic times we live in. I'm gonna start working sometime in the summer, and it scares me as much as it excites me, if not more. The transition from being a student to being a working adult does not seem as smooth as I'd like it to be...
Time will show.
I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012!