This is a group for Mermen fans! We are here to share our love of mermen for they are awesome and hot!
Rules and Guidelines!
1. MER-MEN ONLY!! (NO FEMALES!)
- Exception: Female merfolk can be submitted if she is with a guy.
2. Must be one part fish and one part human. Humans with the ability to breath underwater do not count, Sorry Aquaman.
3. Mermen that transform to human or female, we only accept the male merfolk forms.
4. We allow mature content, But make sure your arts are properly marked.
5. Welcome to all levels of art quality. All mermen drawings are loved.
6. We don't accept doll maker art, base art or YCH line/sketches. We do allow line art or sketches.
7. We have a monthly journal for advertising commissions, Requests, and YCHs. YCHs should not be submitted to the DA Things folder or anywhere. Compleated YCHs can be submitted to the appropriate folder.
8. Mermen are awesome! Enjoy!
What is a merman? (defined by the group)
Basic: Merman is a male that is part water creature, part human.
A mermen's water creature part is defined by: a creature that spends most of its time in the water. Usually, mermen are part fish, but we are open to other creatures of the waters such as tadpoles, alligators, and seals.
Creatures that are excluded:
Snakes for they are more related to Nagas and you can find other groups for them.
Inklings from Splatoon. By definition of the game, they are land creatures that turn into squids in water.
Merman Day - March 1 (Owner's B-day)
Mer-May - Month of May.
Mer-Santa Art Exchange - Month of December
If you are hosting a merman related cash prize contest, our group would love to help promote it! I will make a journal announcement about the contest and add the winning art to the Featured Folder. This group gets lots of traffic and has helped out the contests in the past. If you would like the group to promote your cash prize contest, send the group a Note!
Discord Server: discord.gg/zRnYHBG
Anyone who is a merfolk fan is free to join!
We welcome artists, non-artists and writers to a friendly merfolk loving group!