So my last journal was back in 2012 and a lot of my costume plans have changed. I've dropped a few costume ideas, added one or two more, and switched around the schedule for when certain costumes would be started.
- Zer0 from Borderlands 2 is around 90% complete. The original helmet is currently in progress and when it is completed new pictures will be taken. Some parts of the costume will be altered to make it more accurate to the game and later on in the year [after Dragon*Con]. We will [hopefully] add on a few extra things to bring out the badass in Zer0 [a grenade, shield, and maybe a small pistol?]. If you want to check out the current version of Zer0 just click here!
- The Legion Dress that designed is complete. We altered the design a bit when we were creating the costume and I really love how it turned out. Check it out here!
My updated costume list [in order]:
The details for the planned costumes are below:
- Noble Six from Halo Reach
- Guardian from Destiny
- Nyreen Kandros from Mass Effect 3
Noble Six from Halo Reach
Guardian from Destiny
- Helmet: Gungnir
- Left shoulder: Recon
- Right shoulder: Hazop
- Chest: Default
- Wrist: Tatical/Tacpad
- Utility: Tatical/Hard case
- Visior color: Blue
- Knee guards: Gungnir
- Armor primary: Blue
- Armor secondary: Steel
- Extras that might be included: Plasma grenade, Frag grenade, M6G Magnum Sidearm, and possibly a jetpack [not 100% sure on the jetpack yet]
[Details are currently unknown since Destiny has not been released yet. Destiny will be coming out sometime in 2014. If you are interested in learning more about Destiny click here!]
Three classes have been shown so far and I am leaning towards the Hunter class. I will update this once the game comes out with my class, race, armor, guns, etc.
Nyreen Kandros from Mass Effect 3 [Omega DLC]
[Explanation as to why Nyreen is getting pushed back below]
- Animatronics will hopefully be included in the eyes so that they can blink [maybe even move? Depends on my skill with animatronics when I start on her]
- Moveable mouth [tongue and teeth included inside]
- Mandibles that can twitch slightly
Nyreen was going to be first in this list until I decided that it would be cool if I added animatronics in the face to give her some life. I didn't want to have to deal with contacts that weren't 100% accurate so I thought some fake eyes would be a nice touch. I realized that the eyes would be staring at people constantly though so the idea to make them blink slipped into my brain. Along with the blinking eyes I wanted to be able to make the mouth move and for people to see the tongue and teeth inside of her mouth.
The ideas kept on flowing and eventually I decided that the mandibles should twitch too like they do in-game when turians talk. With my utter lack of animatronics experience I have started doing some research into animatronics. Before you can run and start doing crazy animatronics you have to crawl and do some small things first and learn how everything works. That is why I am pushing Nyreen back to give me some time to gain knowledge and practice with animatronics.
Costumes that I still want to do [and may do later]:
- Collector Armor from Mass Effect 2/3
- Iorveth from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Well that is all that I have for costumes. GenCon is next Thursday and Dragon*Con is August 30th-September 2nd. If I get any good pictures at either of those conventions I'll be sure to post them here.
See you space cowboy...