1. - You must posts these rules.
2. - Each person has to share 10 things about them.
3. - Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. - Choose 10 [nope, only 5] people and put their icons on your journal.
5. - Go to their page to inform them they are tagged.
6. - Not something like " you are tagged if you read that".
7. - You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
8. - No tag-backs.
9. - You can’t say that you don't do tags.
10. - YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry.
Ten Things About Me:
1. I love doing to-do lists. They are fun to write and I enjoy crossing out stuff once it‘s done even more.
2. If you are a long-time follower of me, you probably know that I love Sweden and have played with the thought of moving there one day. Well, I rejected that idea. I still love Sweden with all my heart and will always be a frequent Sweden traveler, but now my desired residence is Hamburg. It's one of my favorite places, my hubby might get a job there after finishing his PhD thesis and it's way closer to our home town - which is (probably) the main reason.
3. Squirrels distract me more than anything else. Whatever I do, if there's a squirrel jumping across the lawn or climbing up a tree, I can not (!!!) resist looking at it. You will often hear me squealing with glee as well, because I find them so utterly FLUFFY AND CUTE!
4. Next to dA, food blogs are the sites I surf the most and ever since I started reading them, I am also concerning myself with food and how it is produced a lot more than I used to. As a neat side effect, I have collected and tried out many interesting recipes and created some of my own. I think I might start my own blog someday.
5. My hubby is 33 hours older than me. His birthday is on July 12th, mine is on July 13th.
6. I am pretty good at imitating voices and sounds.
7. I eat pasta with a pastry fork – a quirk I adopted from my father, who thought that eating his favorite food like this, he would be able to enjoy it for a longer time (smaller bites, you know …).
8. When I was little, I was not the typical girl. Shiny things, horses, pink, princesses, ... I wasn't into all that, probably because I was heavily influenced by my brother and the two boys next door.
9. Another fun fact from my childhood: Up until I was 11 or 12 years old, I had recurring dreams of a toilet that wanted to attack me. Reason for this might be a commercial that was aired on German TV when I was in elementary school age that had a talking toilet in it. That must've impressed me deeply, in a negative way. When I was a small kid, I even was at a point where I didn't want to go to the bathroom alone.
10. I never miss the annual fair in my home town. It's comparable to the Oktoberfest in Munich, yet smaller, without dirndls and lederhosen and with less drunk people. It's great fun going there and I always enjoy all the brightly colored lights, the rides and – most importantly – the smell of roasted almonds in the air.
1. What super hero team would you join and why? (Ex. Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Justice League....Justice Ducks)
The Ghostbusters. They don't need superpowers, just brains and friendship, to save the world.
2. Speaking of superheroes, what comic or cartoon character do you relate to and why?
Wow, that‘s a tough question. I seriously have no idea! What would you say? Is there a character I remind you of? Let me know!
3. What gaming platform do you prefer to play on and why?
Wii and SNES. The former because I have always been a Nintendo girl and like the fancy controller and the games (Donkey Kong Country Returns! ), the latter for nostalgia reasons.
4. For the next 24 hours, you don't have access to social media, television or a phone. What do you do?
Depending on the weather, I would either go for a long walk and get inspired or curl up on my sofa with a good book.
5. If you could bring back any cancelled show, which would you pick and why?
Spaceship Sagittarius! Anybody remember that one? Look it up here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uch%C5%A…
Sadly, I don‘t remember much of the show, but the things I can recall have been present ever since I first watched it when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I desperately want to watch it again, but so far I haven‘t found anything apart from the German and Japanese intro and a few snippets from several episodes.
6. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, definitely. The world seems to calm down for a bit and it's the best time to spend plenty of time with family and friends. Plus, I enjoy giving gifts to others and seeing their reaction.
7. What do you do when you get an artist's/writer's block?
I go for a walk or I just draw/write to create output. I also have two books that inspire you to draw/write through various little tasks you have to accomplish.
8. Who is your favorite author and why?
T.C. Boyle: I used to read his books a lot during my school years (some of them were part of the curriculum). His style just captures me.
Michael Ende: I grew up with his books and still love them with all my heart. Many of them are classics, yet their topics are still up-to-date.
Jonathan Safran Foer: His novel "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" turned my emotions topsy-turvy. You know that at the end of the book everything will go down the drain, yet you keep hoping for that positive turn of events. It was a very enthralling read for me.
Apart from the above mentioned voice imitating, I am a fairly good listener. As it is part of my job, I also always try to give advive when I can, but I've found that just listening often works even better.
10. What is your favorite theme park ride? If you haven't been to one, which theme park would you like to visit?
My favorite theme park ride is Colossos, a wooden roller coaster located in Heide Park Resort in Germany. However, my all-time favorite ride ever is called "Frisbee". It‘s like a pendulum with a rotating gondola. Great fun, but the one that used to frequent our fair for two decades got sold to a theme park in Dubai two years ago. There are others of that kind traveling around, luckily, but none of them comes close to the one I grew up with.
1. What makes you laugh?
2. Do you have any quirks?
3. What do you see when you look out of the window?
4. Which languages do you speak fluently?
5. What's your favorite food when you're sick?
6. If you had the chance to have any job you want, what would it be?
7. What's the craziest thing you've done so far?
8. If you had been born the opposite sex, what would your parents have named you?
9. Do you have a good luck charm?
10. What would you consider the best day of your life?