What would y'all think of a WoF OC generator? You select an amount of tribes (and those tribes if you want) then based on that and a big database of colours available per tribe, it gives you several colours for the character, a general body type, some randomized featured and a few basic compatible negative/positive/neutral traits !!
Its a big coding project I wanna do + it'll be a lot of work and lists and shit but.. if ppl are interested ?? I'll do it aha
Also if anyone knows Python and wants to help ?? Hmu
Also dating sim. If I can get artists to help I still want to do that maybe ???
Tropes I like in character designs:
- Traits carrying from parents to children or between siblings (like same coloured freckles, same immersion ear colour, same markings, ect.)
- Character's designs showing their personality (Round, bright characters are happy; square, dark characters are angry or intimidating, ect)
- When the eye colour is repeated somewhere small on the design (Ex. Inside the ears, as small markings, ect.)
- tan browns with almost anything. Tan and teal? Good. Brown and sky blue? Good. Pale brown and green? Good. Birchy-dull browns with gold's and silvers?? Good. Good. Good.
- When characters are inspired by certain things and it really shows (Certain songs, certain aesthetics, ect.)
-. Sorry this is lame but I really like goo designs and drippy design and. Cquishy soft designs aha.
Tropes I dislike in character designs:
- Twins whose only distinction is scars that only one has/different scar placement
- When siblings look wildly different and the entire cast around them is like "OwO whose this?? Not ur sibling, certainly..."
- Pure black characters (or near black)/ Pure white characters with rainbow highlights/markings
- When people use 7 colours but only use each in 1 spot so they all seem disconnected
- /Bright/ eyeburn designs that have no fluidity (some r ok ? But u need a good grasp of colour theory and how to make colours look good before u can use neons right, unless you practiced/started with neons)
- When character's look opposite of their described personality (parallels are fine and this can be done well but what I mean is like.. ? When it feels like characters are made then a randomly generated personality is slapped on. Like it has no rhyme or reason.
-. When people make characters and overlay textures, making it near impossible for people to draw them without possession of the overlayed texture.