Summary of Events between March 2015 - February 2016:
- MCM Hetalia People's World Conference- MCM London Comic Con (May)
The following events depend on the demand for them and whether any hosts can attend.
- MCM Hetalia People's World Conference- London Film and Comic Con (July)
- MCM Hetalia People's World Conference- MCM Manchester Comic Con (July)
- MCM Hetalia People's World Conference- HYPER JAPAN (July)
- MCM Hetalia People's World Conference- MCM London Comic Con & Hetalia Day (October)
- MCM Hetalia People's Meet- Christmas (December)
- MCM Hetalia People's Meet- Chinese New Year (February 2016)
If you don't see an event here, we can see if there's anyone available to host it and give it a trial run!
If there's any groups that works with other areas of the UK, you're more than welcome to affiliate with us and we can advertise each other's meets - Hetalia or not!
We ( MCM Hetalia People! / MCM-Hetalia-People) post UK Hetalia meets at conventions, mostly focusing on the London area.
We also post meets for North West Cosplay / NW-Hetalians (that focus on the Manchester area) and Midlander Multifandom Cosplay (that focuses on the Birmingham area).
And there's a new group, Hetalia Portsmouth Meet Group but I have yet to establish any sort of affiliation with them yet!
You need to join our groups on facebook to RSVP any of our events on there! Join the respective groups and make sure you not only RSVP to our copy of the event, but to the original too!
The themes are just for an added bit of fun, THEY ARE OPTIONAL. They're a casual suggestion/guideline if you'd like to be part of the Seasonal Appreciation~
You actually don't have to be cosplaying Hetalia to attend ANY of our meets! You can be cosplaying anything, or you can just show up as yourself! The only requirement is that you're a fan, or interested, in Hetalia!
Themes for 2015:
We will soon be accepting suggestions! So please prepare you suggestions!
We are currently organizing and confirming meets please check back at a later date. We thank you for your patience.
If you want to host an event, always check our schedule and ask an Admin before posting your own event, this is due to the overwhelming amount of people that want to host or help at particular events.
If you want to see an event happen somewhere or at a particular convention or festival, let us know and we'll see if anyone on facebook is interested in hosting and we can do a trial run!
There's a limit of 10 helpers at each event. You may ask a host or Admin if you'd like to help someone out, but usually hosts will post on their event if they require extra help - So always track the posts on our facebook events if you're interested!
These rules are short and vague to make announcing them at photo-shoots easier!
If you have any questions or need further clarification, inform an Admin!
- Don't be prejudiced or behave negatively (i.e. rude or offensive) towards anybody, even if you don't like them.
- Don't bash any other series or fandom.
- Don't make insensitive jokes or comments about matters that may go down badly with others.
- You may invite anyone along with you, but try to avoid dragging along anyone with little to no interest in Hetalia.
- Don't enter anyone else's personal space unless you have their clear consent.
- No aggressive behaviour.
- Please don't indulge with (romantic/sexual) acts that may make others feel uncomfortable in your presence, even if it's consensual.
- Nobody but you is responsible for your belongings but yourself.
- No nudity.
- No offensive themes in your cosplay.
- Please don't be a cosplay elitist.
- Don't bring any actual weapons with you.
- No Yaoi or Yuri Paddles.
- At 'Conferences', make sure to familiarise yourself with the convention's prop rules.
- Restrictions for Handheld Props: Any props such as wooden or synthetic swords, fake plastic or cardboard guns, frying pans, etc. should be concealed within your bag or secured to your person for the entire duration of our event – Secured so nobody can take it from you.
They may only be revealed for photographs, and treated carefully (as props) when revealed. Don't wave it around or throw it, and don't strike or hit anyone with it.
- Restrictions for Fake Guns: Fake guns need to have some sort of brightly coloured tape, paint, or mark on them near the muzzle to indicate that they're not real; or they must be clearly-fake by their appearance in another way.
- Restrictions for Large Props: You are prohibited from anything that exceeds the height your waist is from the floor to any of our 'Meets', such as halberds and spears.
They're only welcome at 'Conferences' provided that they (and you) follow the other rules.
If you do bring a prop that's too large to seal in a bag or that's impossible to secure to yourself, then carefully hold it close to you.
- Try to avoid bringing any flags that represent pride, nationalities, or movements.
If you do bring them, please show them the proper respect.
- There's a strict no-drinking policy at our events.
- Only prescription drugs or over-the-counter drugs; and don't use them abusively.
Please contact us or an Admin directly!