- SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA need to DIE a miserable death.
- I've been trying to get going with XML to transplant my hra'anh lexicon from buggy Lexique Pro to an application of my own design. It's slow going so far; I've got the XML structure down, and I've got the DTD written out, but I need to work on a few things to go with it:
- A script using XSLT that will format and display each entry. The lexicon must be searchable by Hra'anh and English.
These are going to take a lot to do. And another plus would be to come up with a translation script, but that would be a massive undertaking by myself. Any help anyone would be willing to offer (for free) would be greatly appreciated.
- Why have I waited until Netflix put the show on Instant to start watching How I Met Your Mother. It's one of the best shows ever! But the more I watch it, the more "story of my life" I feel. (Well, without all the sex....) The more I feel like Ted, the more I think, "Jeez, I'm lonely." So...yeah.
- Chuck - another sweet show. Chuck and Sarah are so cute together Makes me feel...ya know... That's why I hate romantic comedies. It's almost like every time I watch one it says, Problem, lonelyfag?
- I've been inspired to keep up my writing, drawing and conworlding/conlanging largely by , who is a fantastic writer and a talented artist. I've also been inspired by the Conlangery podcast: conlangery.com, and while most of the stuff they say is over my head, it makes me want to learn more about linguistics. My goal for Hra'anh is that it be an actual conversational language.
I haven't been super active on here recently. Well, that's only half true; I've been faving and commenting, but not submitting any art. Truth is, I've fallen out of the whole art thing. Wasn't ever my passion, really. Yeah, I like to draw, and I would pay good money for an instant digital painting skillset, but the problem is that I don't have the time to practice or the money (or drive) to take classes. I've been writing up a storm recently, trying to finish two projects before EdMo. I've started a third rewrite (jeez, not very many new ideas...), but that one's a side project for when I lose inspiration on the other two.
I haven't been posting excerpts on dA for reasons obvious to any writer. I would love to be a published author, and I need to finish something so that I can find an agent and submit. If I could use my writing as supplemental income, I would be very happy indeed.
Anyway, ta for now.