So, after working on some ideas for several years, and working with my tattoo artist for a year, I finally got it done. Full sleeve + half chest piece. It contains A LOT of elements and I think it came out fantastic.
* Poison dart frogs (leucomelas and auratus)
* Philodendron monstera and calathea plants
* Asanoha pattern (from positive to negative space)
* Flower of life pattern (from positive to negative space)
* Galaxy spiral in the center
* Om Mani Padme Hum buddhist mantra in red (only color in the entire thing)
* Some decorative bands at the top of the arm that spiral around to mandala
* Buddhist mandala with a camera shutter in the middle on my chest
Overall it took nearly 30 hours to complete. We definitely hauled ass on this thing. In April I flew to Denver from Boston and did an 8 hour session and a 4 hour session in two days to knock out the outlines. In July, I returned to finish it and did an 8 hour session and a 9 hour session in two days. My artist, Zach Donn, is the man. (visit zachdonn.com for more)
I'm super stoked at all the line work, dotwork, and shading that he did. This is a photo of me right after we finished it!