I would apologise for that title... but I won't.
Two months ago,
tagged me for an eight facts journal challenge, featuring Cathea Velkyn-Revana. Yeah, I am surprised I left it as long as I did. Anyway, no time like the present! Here are eight facts about Cathea!Rules:
2.Post eight facts about your character
3.Tag eight other people
4.Post the characters names with the owners
1. Cathea began life as a character for a friend's videogame, a sequel to Devil's Avenger
. In it, she would appear as a recurring boss encounter, travelling alongside her partner in crime, Maximar Strato. My initial idea for her was that she would die and come back as a weird mystical Mummy, with Maximar joining the player's party. As far as I can tell, the game was never made and nothing was done with her, so I kept her and decided to work with her. Her backstory remains roughly the same - baby left on the doorstep, trained as an Assassin, adventured with Maximar Strato, and I plan on elaborating on that the first chance I get.
2. This is the second time I have decided to change her name. It is now pronounced "Khath-yah
". Her name was based on the main villain of a UK dub from the CGI cartoon Insektors
3. Cathy's relationship with Artorius actually came about by accident; back in 2006, the two were only meant to be friends. There is a picture of them befriending when Cathy was twelve years old and Artorius was eight. It happened on Hug a Giant Day 56872
4. I have taken to giving her more and more technological items, like a Magnetigrapple to help her scale tall buildings in silence
. I've also had the idea of making her suit grant her invisibility. She has other implements that she uses as the need arises, like the pungi that she used to drive the snakes away from Ireland on St Patrick's Day 2018
. And inhale the spirits of invading demons into her body in Happy-ween Spooktacular! Chapter Two
5. Between 2006 and 2008, she was a large, plump, stout warrior maiden with vampire fangs, that carried the title of "Bjornbane". That is and will remain canon in my characters' universe, and she still has the breastplate, hammer and shield from those days.
6. Cathy really became one of my main characters following her entry into TFIdol 2006, where she became the aforementioned rotund powerhouse. I had intended for Artorius to enter that one, but was restricted to entering female characters. As a result, I had to choose between Cathy and another character I had at the time - Terraphina Sempter
. I chose Cathy and the rest is history.
7. Cathy's outfit has changed a number of times, to either alternate between a red breastplate or red spaulders, or neither. The colour scheme remains the same - red and purple. She briefly dabbled in wearing silvery-blue and gold, but it never caught on.
8. Being trained as an Assassin, Cathy is very skilled in armed and unarmed combat, particularly in close quarters. Since 2008, her figure became more muscular than it was previously, adding more strength to her blows. She is now a part-time Gladiator at the Arena.
As for my tags:
- I'd like to know if Murk's backstory has changed since I last saw.
- Lord Shatter
You don't have to if you don't want to!