Just a while ago, I saw and and do that OC questionnaire in their journals, and I thought, "Hey, that looks fun!" Sure, no one's tagged me to do it, but rules are dumb anyway.
So anyway, since it's the only story I've actually bothered to update for a while, here's some from the cast of The Witch's Apprentice. Starting with the Witch of the Woods herself!
1. What is your name? And what is your opinion of it?
2. What are some names you would give your children (even if you don't want any)?The Witch gives a sly grin to the interviewer, as she coyly says, Oh, so I don't have any yet, do I?
3. What's the best feeling in the world? And what's the worst?Nothing makes me happier more than knowing those I have met, whether for good or ill, ultimately learned from the experience and have grown better for it. I can be a harsh teacher for sure, but I believe even the most painful lessons can do a learner a world of good. That is also why it pains me so when those who seek my help and make a mistake in doing so learn nothing.
4. Best and worst food?If one counts beverages in such a category, then I can name only tea as my favourite, particularly green teas with honey and lemon. If you speak of food in its strictest sense, I do have a certain fondness for pumpkin and mushrooms.
5. Do you like animals?Well, of course. I would not enjoy living in a forest so much if I didn't have a fondness for the beasts of this world, after all. In fact, most of the time I even prefer animal company to the human kind. Of course, there are times when I find a depressing lack of the former in favour of the latter, but with my particular talents, such circumstances can be easily... mended.
6. Are you a Marysue / Garystu?Ah yes, the fallacious form of literary criticism that falsely equates a character's narrative merit with an arbitrary power limit. How quaint of you to ask.
7. Are you a thrill-seeker/adventurer, or do you prefer the safe and familiar?I mostly enjoy staying in my own neck of the woods, if you will pardon the pun, but that is not to say I dislike travelling. Occasionally the demand for my services will require me to travel far to conduct my business, but I'm sure you will read all about it when this Maple fellow finally chronicles more of Arthur's life as my servant. (Hey, I'm working on it! - MS)
8. Most embarrassing situation you can imagine?Being tricked by a customer into providing my services without them upholding their end of the bargain. No such customers have succeeded yet, but that does not stop more still from trying. I have heard tell of djinn and devils falling for such chicanery though, so it would behoove me not to grow complacent with such things.
9. What compliment would make you the happiest?Oh my dear, flattery will get you nowhere! All joking aside however, I do like it when people say they enjoy my tea or my cooking. Sometimes customers will even commend the taste of my potions, and I rarely ever take flavour into account when making them, so that's always a nice surprise.
10. What supposed compliment would you take the most offense at?As far as specific compliments go, "You look good for your age." I mean, really? I know I'm older than most historical records can measure, but have you ever met an immortal who actually looks like their chronological age? We all look good for our age, thank you, so please try to think of a better compliment!
11. Are you a realist, optimist, pessimist, idealist, cynic or opportunist?A realist, naturally. I've spent too long seeing how this world works to see it any better or worse than exactly how it is, and I encourage others to do the same.
12. What's your MBTI?I believe my result on such a test would be ISTJ.
13. What is your zodiac (and do you identify with it)?I honestly have no idea. I was born long before the constellations were even named, and I certainly don't remember that far back well enough to recall which stars were in the sky at the time. Besides, I doubt you would recognise the constellations that can be viewed from my world, anyway.
14. What is your fashion sense or preferred style?I do enjoy black clothing, especially in the form of long dresses. I also have a fondness for detached sleeves. In terms of the fashion of your own world, I like your "Gothic" fashions quite appealing. I shall have to try such styles for myself if I ever visit.
15. What's your favourite quote?"A witch ought never be frightened in the darkest forest... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in her forest was her."
16. What's the worst injury you've taken?
Would you really like to know? Interesting. I could tell you that I have lost my head or my heart one day and walked away in no worse health than before. Or perhaps I have encountered no force that can injure me. Which would you believe... and which would be the more comforting answer from the being sitting here in front of you?
17. One random fact about you.
2. What are some names you would give your children? (even if you don't want any)Huh. You know, I've never really thought of it before. I guess since I'm named after King Arthur, maybe I'd name my kids after the knights and ladies of his court in the old stories or something?
3. What's the best feeling in the world? And what's the worst?The best feeling is when I can make a difference to the people I care about. The worst is when those same people need me, and there's nothing I can do to help them. Unfortunately, I've been feeling a lot of the latter lately.
4. Best and worst food?I actually really like my green vegetables. I know those aren't the kind of foods most people prefer, but I love them anyway. In fact, since we were kids, I'd actually let Morgan sneak her veggies onto my plate when Ma wasn't looking. Other than that, I've always enjoyed dishes that mix meat and rice whenever we could afford them.
5. Do you like animals?Well, I've lived on a farm all my life, so I'd be pretty miserable if I didn't.
6. Are you a Marysue / Garystu?I... don't know what those are. They sound like names, but I just said my name is Arthur, didn't I? (What, you expected him to know about idiot Internet buzzwords? He's from a medieval fantasy world, give him a break! -MS)
7. Are you a thrill-seeker/adventurer, or do you prefer the safe and familiar?I've always been interested in other lands beyond Albion, but until recently I'd long since accepted that I would be tending our farm for the rest of my life. I mean, I was never uncomfortable with that prospect, and I've been content with just reading about far off lands and hearing tales about them from Uncle Melion and any foreigners that stop by the local bar.
8. Most embarrassing situation you can imagine?Horrendously screwing up something I've done right a thousand times already. I mean, failing at something I've never done before isn't pleasant, but I at least have the excuse of being new at it. But if I messed up milking the cows or weeding the garden back home? Now that would be horrible!
9. What compliment would make you the happiest?Honestly? Nothing makes me happier than just telling me that what I did helped people when they needed it. Especially from my family.
10. What supposed compliment would you take the most offense at?"Well, you did your best." I know that's supposed to be reassuring, but all it does is remind me that I still failed. That I still let people down...
11. Are you a realist, optimist, pessimist, idealist, cynic or opportunist?I like to think I'm an optimist. I like to believe that as bad as things get, there's always hope that they'll get better, even if you have to make them better yourself.
12. What's your MBTI?I'm sorry, my what? Is this like that "Mary Stu" thing?
13. What is your zodiac (and do you identify with it)?I don't know if you have the same zodiac where you're from, but I was born under the sign of the Firekeeper in the cycle of the Ox. I think the Firekeeper means someone is dependable and hard-working, and being born under the Ox usually means someone is honest and content with the work they're given, if a bit stubborn. I certainly hope I have most of those qualities... but considering I just recently charged into a monster-infested forest when everyone told me not to, it's pretty much a given I have that last one.
14. What is your fashion sense or preferred style?Honestly, since my family isn't all that wealthy, none of us here can usually afford clothes that aren't strictly functional. So my wardrobe rarely gets more varied than tunics and trousers, except a cloak or coat when it's cold or rainy, or a hat when it's hot and sunny out.
15. What's your favourite quote?"If something bad happens, and you can't do anything about it, but you can't do nothing, what do you do? You do what you can."
16. What's the worst injury you've taken?Once I was working in our barn's upper floor and I fell and broke my arm. It was the most painful thing I'd ever felt and I couldn't do any work for almost a month. Luckily I was all healed up before harvest that year, but the family still lost a lot of work because I wasn't more careful.
17. One random fact about you.
1. What is your name? And what is your opinion of it?Name's Melion. Well, that's wot Harry decided to call me once he took me into his family. Wargs don't really have "names" so much as we r'member wot sommun' smells like. I 'spose it's as good a name as any.
2. What are some names you would give your children? (even if you don't want any)Never thought of it. Mind ye, I prolly already have loads of kids of me own, but I don' know where any of 'em are.
3. What's the best feeling in the world? And what's the worst?Best feeling's prolly spending time with the pack. I travel on me own a lot, so it's always great to see Harry, Summer and the kids again.
4. Best and worst food?Mebbe it's the wolf still in me, but nothing beats meat right off the bone! Used to like it bloody, until Harry showed me what cooked meat's like.
5. Do you like animals?Course I do. They're delicious!
6. Are you a Marysue / Garystu?I dunno wot those are. I might have bedded a Mary or a Sue once. (The more you ask my characters that, the more I'm taking the piss. -MS)
7. Are you a thrill-seeker/adventurer, or do you prefer the safe and familiar?Ha! I don' roam the land huntin' monsters 'cause I wanted a desk job!
8. Most embarrassing situation you can imagine?After all the mighty beasts ah've felled, ah'd be mighty embarassed if summun' hired me t' take care of sumthin' measly like their house's rat problem. Even more so if I took da job and failed miserably.
9. What compliment would make you the happiest?Summun tellin' me I'm like family t' them. To a wolf, nuttin's more important than bein' part a the pack.
10. What supposed compliment would you take the most offense at?Anytin' dat involves "being one of da good ones" of whatever group people want to lump me in with. Even ingnorin' how bigoted dose remarks are, every time I hear em', all I really hear is, "as much good as ye do, yer still an outcast, an outsider... not one of da pack."
11. Are you a realist, optimist, pessimist, idealist, cynic or opportunist?Prolly a realist. I take the world as it is. Not much point in hopin' things get better or fearin' they'll get worse since it won' change any of it.
12. What's your MBTI?Well, according to this here card Arty left here, I'd be an ESTP. Dunno wot good that does does me, though. (Huh. Wonder why all my characters score Sensing? -MS)
13. What is your zodiac (and do you identify with it)?Can't say for sure, since I don' know my real birthday. Wargs don' really keep track of those things, or wot stars are in the sky when we're born. But Harry and the fam celebrate me birthday on the day we met, which I've bin told is under the sign of the Satyr, in the cycle of the Hound. 'Parrently the Satyr makes me wild, spontaneous and merry, an' the Hound means ah'm honest, loyal an' straightforward. People tell me that fits me pretty well, and that's good enough fer me.
14. What is your fashion sense or preferred style?Look lad, in me line of work, ye can only afford tae wear two kinds of clothes. The kind that keeps the weather from killing ye, and the kind that keeps yer quarry from killing ye.
15. What's your favourite quote?"Family means no one gets left behind."
16. What's the worst injury you've taken?Trust me, after ye get bitten, mauled, stung, gored, trampled, pulverised and wot have ye by ev'ry beast that roams the land, ye start to lose count of these things.
17. One random fact about you.