Mon Dec 17, 2012, 5:04 AM
- Eating: cereal
- Drinking: milk
AFest 2014 plans!I'm attending AFest on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but not for the whole day (since we're bringing the kid along).
Friday: Lady White Mage
Saturday: Cinderella (NEW!)
Sunday: not sure yet, maybe Twilight Sparkle
AKon 2014 prep!Less than 2 weeks til A-Kon! Really looking forward to the con this year, especially since the wonderful grandparents are going to be watching my baby boy. My newest cosplay is nearing completion and I'm very excited about debuting new stuff.
Tentative cosplay plans:
• Thursday - original formal version of Franziska von Karma for the masquerade ball
• Friday morning, Saturday morning/afternoon - Lady White Mage - new costume inspired by the classic Final Fantasy job class and sort of a Renaissance/Game of Thrones regal gown. The dress is complete, and now I'm working on the light-up healing staff. Progress pix on my Facebook page.
• Friday evening - Rainbow Brite (with new legwarmers)
• Saturday evening - Kris from Pokemon (possibly a Pokemon Sulfur cosplay reunion with Bobble head Nurse Joy, James, and Pyramid Head)
• Sunday - black Team Rocket dress
Progress photos on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/?q=#/MeowAboutCosplay?ref
On hiatus for a whileI may not be updating DA for a while. Still planning to attend some conventions next year, but it will definitely be a new experience.
Embroidered patches available to order!Looking for an embroidered patch for your cosplay (or just to add some geekery to your gear)?
Look no further than MeowAbout Crafts! https://www.etsy.com/shop/MeowAboutCrafts
Here are some samples of things we've made:
- Fix-it Felix hat and shirt patches: https://www.etsy.com/listing/127253906/fix-it-felix-jr-embroidered-patch-set
- Giovanni (Team Rocket) "R" patch: https://www.etsy.com/listing/128280590/giovanni-team-rocket-emblem-embroidered
- Blue Exorcist patch: https://www.etsy.com/listing/129645968/blue-exorcist-rin-okumura-embroidered
We also take custom orders! Price varies by size (we can do as large as 5.5" x 7.5"), complexity, and colors. Feel free to message me on Etsy for a quote.
Also taking orders for plush Lumas. Other plush orders are closed.
Post All-Con, orders reopenedI got to debut my 10th Doctor costume at All-Con this past weekend, and it was so much fun! I've done crossplays before, but not in a while (and rarely this much fun). It was surprising how many people didn't realize it was ME in the costume, even though I've worn short wigs before. Kind of amusing to walk up to people I've known for years and they have NO IDEA. :3
Now that All-Con is over, my next costume on deck is Princess Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy. I've had the fabric for years, and the wig for awhile as well, but I actually need to make the costume and accessories (and style the wig). It was planned for last AFest, but then the MLP wedding episodes happened and I had to make Cadance instead. ^^
I wound up with a bunch of conventions for this year due to some very fortunate circumstances.
- Louisianime (cosplay guest)
- SGC (free passes won at Video Games Live concert)
- WhoFest (a local Doctor Who con? YES.)
Sadly I'll have to ski
Commissions temporarily closedWe have some pending orders to finish, a convention in 2 weeks, and some real life stuff going on, so plush commissions are temporarily closed. I'll post another journal when they're open again (and we'll have filly ponies available to order then, too!)
Plush and Scarf commissions open!MeowAbout Crafts is now open once again for custom orders!
We're currently open for orders on the following:
- Pony plush https://www.etsy.com/listing/97679832/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-plush
- Luma plush w/ letter from Rosalina https://www.etsy.com/listing/104056217/plush-luma-star-w-embroidered-eyes-plus
- Misty and Geno chibi dolls https://www.etsy.com/listing/115278793/misty-from-pokemon-anime-chibi-doll and https://www.etsy.com/listing/113226746/geno-plush-super-mario-rpg
- Pokemon Perlers https://www.etsy.com/listing/104480310/pokemon-perler-bead-sprite-charmander
- Pony-themed fleece scarves - NOW with embroidery machine applique cutie marks! https://www.etsy.com/listing/97920207/my-little-pony-fleece-scarf-your-choice
- NEW! Star Trek scarves with applique insignia https://www.etsy.com/listing/122709936/star-trek-fleece-scarf-your-choice
Interested in something not listed in the shop? Want a custom order chibi doll of a di
2013 Cosplay Plans!Here are my cosplay plans for 2013!
10th Doctor - Doctor Who (Brown suit version: actually found the perfect fabric with the blue pinstripes and all at a fabric warehouse. Never thought I would ever find it.)
"Souffle Girl" Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who (A bit of a twist on her character, but if you've seen her episode, "Asylum of the Daleks", you'll get the joke.)
Princess Rosalina - Super Mario Galaxy (I've had this fabric and wig components for a while now, and actually planned to make this costume for last AFest. But then Princess Cadance happened instead. ^^)
Not a lot of conventions planned for this year:
Sadly I will probably miss AFest and Brony Fan Fair this year, but hopefully will be back for 2014.
MeowAbout Crafts giveaway!I'm doing a giveaway for my Etsy shop, MeowAbout Crafts! There are 2 ways to enter:
Like our Facebook page for one entry: https://www.facebook.com/MeowAboutCrafts
Share this Facebook giveaway image for one entry: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=506620386023818&set=a.506620362690487.122804.405898542762670&type=1&relevant_count=1
On November 30, I'll be choosing one random winner from all the entries to receive a free SMALL item of their choice!
What do SMALL items include?
- Luma star plush
- Pokemon "box icon" Perler
- 8-bit or 16-bit Mario hero, item, or small baddie Perler
- 8-bit Megaman Perler
- 8-bit Final Fantasy job class Perler
- Atari Adventure Perler set
- Blacklight-reactive small Perler
- Perler request up to $10 value
Commissions + UpdateEDIT: We were able to finally get my dad's death certificate. Thank you all so much for your kind words, encouragement and support and to everyone who have offered to help, I really appreciate it a lot. 💕
I'm still accepting commissions, you can check the details below. Thank you!!! 💛
Thank you everyone so much for your thoughts, prayers and donations. Unfortunately dad did not wake up, he passed away last night. 😢
We still owe a big amount of money from the hospital (around 11 grand) and they might not be able to release him or we won't be able to get his death certificate until we pay the bill. We're hoping that they would at least accept our promissory note but yea, I need to do something. I'm very thankful for all the donations that you guys have offered but I realized I can't really rely on it alone so I have decided to just open a new batch of commissions cause I really don't have any other choice. I'm gonna be accepting slots until I reached my goal s
commission works ( closed, again! )
UPDATE! [April 9th 2018]: aaaand the waiting list is full! for all those who got a spot in the waiting list, when the time comes I shall contact you again! thank you!
UPDATE! [April 8th 2018]: personal commission works are currently open! I'm putting together a waiting list ( which is already half-full ) so I can accept 5 more! cat comission works are prefered. for the rest of the info click - HERE!
old journal entry from winter:
uaggh! I don't even know how to write journals anymore D: I hope everyone is
Freed up a few unpaid Genos from last year.
Items currently for sale:
Duffel Bag X1
(Gives one permanent additional item on a Quest)
$5 / 10CP
(Changes a Reosean's Homeland)
$15 / 30CP
Genos currently for sale:
BOLD - Uncommon | BOLD ITALIC - Rare | BOLD UNDERLINE - Ultra Rare
Genos up for open offers:
I will create a working Import file for you, and make any needed edits on design approval.
0-3 markings: Add $10 or 20CP to any Geno here.
4+ markings: Add $15 or 30CP to any Geno here.
1) (Male - Vayron - Runner - Healthy)
F: Lisse Coat
Floradear Species Information Will update in near future with more visuals!
Edited: 1/21/16 New antler type and small change to Snow Antlers
Floradear Directory + Rules (has everything)
Floradears Original Information [Closed Species]
Forget Me Not Angel + Floradear Questions
Origin of Floradears
Underneath God, there is a group of minor gods called Seasonal Gods. These gods have a job of roaming the earth and protecting the balance; however, like all jobs, work can get tedious and so
F.A.Q. TIME!!I get quite a few messages here on DA with various questions and requests. I don't have time due to work and family to answer all of them individually like I would like so I think a handy-dandy FAQ is in order. This way maybe I can answer a question before it's even asked and/or have a journal I can easily direct people to. So here we go!
Q: Can you give me any tips on how to draw/color,paint/whatever better?
A: The quick and easy answer is that there aren't any secrets to being able to draw well. I know it's not what people want to hear and everyone is looking for a magic trick that will instantly make them a better artist. The truth is that I have dedicated 1000s of hours to art in an effort to get better. I attended figure drawing classes, went to conventions and spent hours talking to other artists, and spent nearly every dime I had on books and art supplies. I lived it and breathed it. When you were out on a date or playing video games or seeing movies I was probably home d
Commissions CLOSEDRULES (please read them carefully before ordering!!!):
1. Anime style only (that means only anime, not semirealism as I don't feel confident about my semirealism style at the moment)
2. Payment upfront (paypal only)
3. NO REFUNDS (unless I'm the one offering them because of not being to able work on them, etc)
4. Payment in EURO only (my native currency)
5. I won't draw stuff that I consider offensive/weird fetishes, etc (please ask me beforehand)
6. OC's and fanart allowed
7. Chibis come with no BG. Busts and thigh ups with a simple background
8. Can be NSFW
9. I just take what is offered in this journal, nothing more, nothing less. If I don't advertise other types of commissions (Ie: full bodies) it means that I'm not taking them. Hope you can understand.
CHIBI: 25 €
BUST: 40 €
Using Cross-Figure With Genesis 8Cross-Figure Genesis 3 is a program that allows you to use Genesis 3 Female hair and clothing on Genesis 3 Male and vice versa without using AutoFit. There are some extra steps using it with Genesis 8, but you don't have to be able to use a modeling program (unless you want to make a better ID morph after you're done, but we'll get to that).
Here's a YouTube version. You'll have to turn your sound up. Sorry.
Genesis 8 Male and Female
Instructions G8F to G8M:
Load Genesis 8 Female into the scene.
Load a piece of clothing or hair onto Genesis 8 Female that you wish to convert.
Go to the Parameters tab. If you do not have one, you can create one by right-clicking near your existing tabs and finding it in the list.
Click on the tiny button at top left of this
Happy New Year!Hope you're all doing well!
Sorry I haven't been around here at all! Been busy these past few months and I've found that dA stresses me out LOL. I feel like it brings out the worst in me and I definitely feel more relaxed since my time away from it. BUT I'd still like to come back and draw stuff here again eventually. I miss drawing pony stuff and the next gen characters and all that. So maybe soon! I know I'm definitely rusty but it'll be cool to see how much my style's changed I guess.
Just thought I'd throw in a little update. You all know how 2017 went for me based on my journals but I'd like to hear about yours! Go ahead an comment some of the cool stuff you got to do this past year or maybe even the not so cool stuff. Anything! Go for it! I'm curious~
Happy 2018 ✨
ily + raffle giveaway! (WINNER LISTED BELOW)YO! I said I'd pull the number tomorrow but i forgot that would be sunday so i won't be home until later! Since the ticket entries slowed down and 24 hours passed, I did it now ;; If you didn't get to enter, apologies! I will most likely do another longer one at 2k watchers uwu''
THE WINNER IS EsraDavut with the number 83 !! You should receive the points soon~