Our wedding was a Disney/fairy tale theme. I let my bridesmaids and the other young ladies in the ceremony dress up as a Disney princess/heroine of their choice, or wear something inspired from the same subject.
We chose to not wear wigs since we still wanted to look like ourselves, and there are some details that we didn't have time for or forgot XD. Please keep an open mind and don't point out the obvious; this was for a wedding, not a cosplay contest.
Back row, left to right:
- My sister and bridesmaid Meghan as Aurora. I made the dress for her.
- My best friend and matron of honor Sabrina as Megara. She made her own dress.
- Myself (the bride) as Rapunzel. I made my dress and veil.
- One of my best friends, college roommate, and bridesmaid as Ariel. She made her own dress.
- Another of my closest friends and bridesmaids as Mulan. She made her own dress.
Front row, left to right:
- My little sister and candle-lighter Holly as Belle. I made her dress for her. (we got matching gloves online, but forgot them in the parlor! XD)
- My new sister-in-law and candle-lighter Jessie. The original plan was that she wanted to be Jasmine (we were going to try making Jasmine's purple dress), but she found a really pretty purple gown for a great price at a bridal show. Since we were crunching on time and I thought it complimented well with the other candle-lighter's dress (Belle), we just went with it XD
I also made dresses for my two baby sisters, though they aren't in this picture (they were Cinderella and Tinkerbell :3)
I made matching jewelry for everyone (necklaces, earrings, and bracelets), and I wouldn't have gotten all of the dresses for my sisters done without the help of my friend (who surprised me by making her own dress and attended as Tiana!)
Aurora, Megara, Rapunzel, Ariel, Mulan, and Belle are (c) Disney
Congrad and they all looks great.
I love your dress. It seems like you took a lot of time and patience to make it. XD I envy you but at the same time I am completely flattered! I wish you and Kyle the best of luck with everything you do!
XD I was thinking of writing a fanfic about Jesse and my oc having a rapunzel fairyfale wedding and a fanart of my oc in Rapunzel's dress.
Ugh I need to lose 30 lbs and start cosplaying again!
Love the dresses!