SALES & COMMISSIONS | PRINTS | TAGS & MEMESNEWS (August 2018)
I finally found the time reorganize all the info about my illustrations commissions
, both traditional and digital; I'm also officially opening basic animations commissions (only for digital art). Please scroll down the journal to read about the new fees and info! ^^
Furthermore, please remember that I'm still offering a discount on digital One Piece fanarts
(fan-characters and crossovers included). Here you are some examples (for more please check the OP folder
in my gallery):
OLDER NEWSHere you are my The-Replicant's Whitebeard sculpture + Ace illustration combo (it's for sale, please send either of us a note if interested):
- Fixed fee (to be paid up front): 5 EUR (general plot and characters study, draft/outline, research);
- Variable fee (to be paid before the final work is sent): 6 EUR / 1000 words (fiction) | 3 EUR / 1000 words (non-fiction);
- Optional fees (to be paid before the final work is sent): 5 EUR per each lyric/poem/poetry (max 500 words each) | 1 EUR / 1000 words for an extra beta-reading by a collaborator of mine;
- Translations: (Italian -> English | English -> Italian): 4 EUR / 1000 words (fiction) | 2 EUR / 1000 words (non-fiction);
- Editing and beta-reading (for both literature and comics, fixed fee not needed): 1 EUR / 1000 words.
Examples of my writing (more here
Death Note anime analysis
Death Note analysis of the animated series
The lack of values, the pressure of the society on the Japanese youth, the searching for the real justice, the boredom, the necessity to find a purpose for our own existence
if I would like to sum Death Note up in few words, I would write that it contains all these themes and expresses them in a really original way.
But this awesome animated adaptation of Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba's manga (the second name is a pseudonymous of the story writer, who wishes to remain anonymous) deserves a deeper analysis for sure.
Death Note manages to convey values without being banal; it manages to make you laugh, cry, arrive to the point of throwing the first object one can pose their hands on to the screen for the anger (or so it was for me).
This analysis contains heavy spoilers so I advice you to only read it if you've already completed the vision of the anime, and it contains my personal interpretation of some elements of the serie
Feathered Dragon (One Piece, Doflamingo poem)Born among dragons
to suffer amid men
which were the odds
of surviving back then?
You never showed tears
concealed behind shades
yet you wept on that day
under their vengeful stares.
A helpless, frail body
you were but a child—
maybe nasty, misguided
but still an innocent life.
Yet they harmed and mocked—
their frustration and sadness
and pent-up hate for your kind
all misdirected at you—Why?
Why living like them, if people
are all the same? Why giving up
on power, if they harm and slay
and abuse as well? Why, Father?
Your Brother was weak—or so
you believed—he didn't protest
but accepted everything, while
a voice in you cried, "FIGHT BACK!"
A proud, strong will to always abide
a force within you to rise 'n shine
above all those fools who did dare
to make YOU shake and cry in pain.
"I won't die," you screamed, "whatever you do,
"I will survive and find the very last one of you!"
And then you would kill them, they d
I worked as a freelance editor so I have a professional experience of around ten years, and I'm willing to write pretty much anything: from original stories to fanfics, from prose to poetry (lyrics included), and I can write non-fiction articles (news, essays, analysis, reviews), too. I can write in English and Italian, and I can make translations from and to both languages.
Please notice that fiction commissions will always include a thorough, preliminary discussions about plot, screenplay, characters, themes, writing style and so on. I can also create completely new characters, suggest alternate solutions for the development of a story, and everything else that could be needed: I won't "just" write a story, but help building it from scratch is necessary.Important note:
I will always publish at last a sample of every literature commissions I make in my gallery; if the client allows me to post the whole commission, I will also include a preview image with a logo and a simple drawing for free, and the client will automatically have the right to post the commission with the same preview image in their gallery, too (proper credit and linking back will be required though).Illustrations commissions
- Sketch fee: 5 EUR (only needed if you want a specific pose/background);
- Character/inking fees: 5 EUR (head shot) / 8 EUR (half body) / 10 EUR (full body);
- Background fees: 10 EUR (simple background) / 20 EUR (medium-complex background) / 30 EUR (complex background).
- Colouring fees: 5 EUR (flat colours with gradient and/or pattern) / 10 EUR (cell or soft shading) / 20 EUR (traditional media).Additional notes:
- I can add simple animations to digital commissions (in this case please double the base fees listed above);
- for (traditional) bookmarks, icons, and similar stuff prices are lower, and I offer some extra options for characters references/model sheets (please ask me by note if interested);
- All my commissions will have clean inking/lineart unless you specifically ask for a sketchy one or for partial inking/no inking at all (for traditional commissions the inking will be more sketchy by default, but I can make clean traditional inking too if specifically asked);
- I'm willing to draw anything but gore/porn/hentai, but I can draw "regular" violence, yaoi/yuri and soft eroticism;
- For digital illustrations, I will send a high resolution (300dpi), printable file of the pic;
- For traditional art, I'll send a high resolution scan (300dpi), printable file of the pic (or a high quality, properly cropped photo if the illustration doesn't fit my scan), and I'm also willing to ship traditional illustrations to my commissioners (please ask me about shipping costs, they vary a lot depending on country of destination);
- I can use many media (markers, coloured pencils, watercolours, tempers, oils, etc.) on many different types of paper and other surfaces (glass, wood, copper, canvas and other, some may require an additional fee);
- I don't use fixed format or sizes, and you can ask pretty much anything but I like to retain a bit of artistic freedom (especially for commissions of traditional illustrations);
- I'll always post a smaller, watermarked copy of a commissioned illustration in my DA gallery (and eventually on my other blogs/socials).
Flat colours examples:
Cell and soft shading examples: