Long story short: I was commissioned by someone to code and create (content included) a fantasy-esque Forum RPG. Electing for a simpler approach, I went with phpBB, a custom purchased/customized theme, and a sandbox-style forum experience. Literally everything is complete: rules, main guide pages, content tagging cloud system, etc. Then, the person decided they no longer wanted to run it as they didn't have the time. Since it's not really my sort of thing, I thought I might offer the entire package - Site, Hosting, phpBB training crashcourse, etc - up for sale to see if anyone is interested.
While it's main basis is fantasy related, the content can very easily be changed and tailored to be any genre, any species, etc. You could very easily change the sandbox-style premise and create more boards to suit your liking.
- Paid personal domain (expires 10/24/19, can be transferred to your own domain service account)
- 6 months pre-paid hosting with KaonsHosting.com (expires 5/6/18)
- Customized paid theme from ThemeForest. VERY easy to make additional color templates with various header images!
- Custom cloud tagging plugin. Use to track thread-types, locations, quests and more.
- Custom and editable map!
- Pre-written rpg rules, gameplay guide, character wiki tracker, etc.
- phpBB forum software. I will also provide a personal walkthrough and crashcourse on how to use it! It's quite simple.
- Discord channel with ready-to-go subchannels
For those looking for a custom post experience (IE postscripts, using css layouts in posts, etc) this site does not make it easy. While it's possible, it's difficult, and I wouldn't recommend.
You can still... add images to your posts, add custom text colors, text-alignments, etc!