Periodic/Courtesy PSA Repost -- if you are still having trouble with this after your latest updates, try rolling back the wacom tablet driver by an update or two!
You will need to create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality:
1. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.
Type in the following lines:# Use WinTab
2. Save the file as a plain text file named "PSUserConfig.txt"
3. Put (copy) the file into the 'Photoshop Settings' folder:
C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017*\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017* Settings\
(*whatever version of PS you're currently using)
4. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.
5. Open your Wacom Tablet settings and in the "Mapping" tab, turn off the 'Use Windows Ink' option.
Pen pressure will now be retained in PS while Windows Ink is off.
THE ORIGINAL ISSUE:
I've been putting this off for too long.
I got a new har