Your Art In The Game!
Create a new Steampunk Warrior, Witch/Warlock, or Dragon/Monster that belongs in the adventurous fantasy world of Outcast Odyssey.
Three grand-prize winners will work with the Outcast Odyssey creative team to bring their portrait or illustration to life as a limited edition trading card available within the game! Outcast Odyssey has already worked with deviants to create art for the game - chuck-piresart and yigitkoroglu have each created beautiful pieces featured in the world of Outcast Odyssey. Will you be next?
Do you have what it takes to become a legend?
Outcast Odyssey is a visually stunning, action-packed card battler game for your mobile devices.
Uncover monsters, lost dungeons, and frequent rewards as you explore the floating islands of Outcast Odyssey. What treasures and trouble will you find on your journies?
Fight in epic battles using the explosive power of your cards and your strategic mastermind! You'll be able to take on monsters through the in-game storyline, challenge players in the PvP arena, and link up to test your skills against your friends!
Collect hundreds of monsters and their evolutions, hand-drawn by some of the top artists in the industry (including some of our very own deviants)! Watch your power grow as your creatures and skills evolve!
Each of the three (3) Grand Prize Packages will consist of the following:
- a check for $1,200 USD
- 128GB Apple iPad mini with retina display
- Razer Blackshark Gaming Headset
- 8,000 DeviantArt Points
- one year Premium Membership to DeviartArt.com
- use of the winning Entry in the Game
Each of the twenty-two (22) Semi-Finalist Prize Packages will consist of the following:
- a check for $200 USD
- 2,000 DeviantArt Points
- three month Premium Membership to DeviantArt.com
View the trailer above, then go to the assets page to learn about the world of Outcast Odyssey and the characters and creatures that inhabit it!
You may use the visual materials on the assets page for reference, but you may not duplicate them.
Create an original character portrait or illustration inspired by Outcast Odyssey of a Dragon/Monster, Witch/Warlock, or Steampunk Warrior. You may use any visual medium excluding cosplay, photographs, or moving images. Photographs of an entry made in another medium are acceptable.
Submit your entry using the button below! Entry must be a single .JPG or .PNG file, at least 2000 pixels in its shortest length.
The Outcast Odyssey Card Master Challenge begins at 12:00 AM PACIFIC TIME ON December 16, 2014 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON January 25, 2015!
- Entrant must be at least 18 years old as of December 16, 2014.
- Entrant may reside anywhere in the world.
- Entries must be received by 11:59:59PM (PT) on January 25, 2015 and be submitted through the contest gallery on DeviantArt;
- Membership to www.DeviantArt.com is required to enter the contest; Membership to www.DeviantArt.com is free.
- Your submitted entry is to be an original artwork inspired by Outcast Odyssey in the form of a portrait or an illustration of a Dragon/Monster, Witch/Warlock, or Steampunk Warrior.
- You may use any visual medium excluding cosplay, photographs, or moving images. Photographs of an entry made in another medium are acceptable. Licensed brushes and textures are permitted.
- You may reference but may not duplicate the visual materials found on the Outcast Odyssey game.
- Your entry must be in the form of a single .JPG or a single .PNG file at least 2,000 pixels in its shortest length and at a minimum of 72 dpi.
- Any artist who has previously worked on the Outcast Odyssey game is not allowed to enter contest.
- Please read Official Rules carefully for more details.
Twenty-five semi-finalists will be chosen by DeviantArt staff. The three winners will be selected by DeviantArt member and contracted Outcast Odyssey artist, Warren Louw, Senior Designer at Magic Pixel Games, Jonathan Durr, and Mobile Games Producer at Namco Bandai Games America, Joe Riego. The judges will use the following criteria in whatever degree the judges believe appropriate:
- Overall impact of the work
- Technical Skill
- Originality and presentation of the character
- Suitability for use in the game
Please read the Official Rules for more details about judging.