So... it's been a while.
'Sup watchers? Lupin here. You might remember me better as Kenji, probably, if you only kept up with me here on dA.
I guess I'll begin with a list of things that have happened while I've been effectively lurking, if not inactive.
- I seriously started pursuing a career in multimedia content creation. Including the music that I've been doing, and the dabs of illustration and graphic design, I've begun branching my skill sets into animation, programming, writing (fiction), photography, and game development.
- I was selected to be the voice of VOCALOID Dex. Perhaps you knew that. Perhaps you didn't.
- I changed my casual handle back to Lupin; "Kenji-B" is retired now, so it's less confused with my UTAU, Kenji Baionoto.
- Speaking of, Kenji Baionoto hasn't had an update in almost 4 years. That's because I voiced Dex, and I won't be able to make a new bank for Kenji until roughly early 2020.
- I began working out pretty hard so I could finally, -finally- pursue the physical version of myself that Kenji's design was supposed to motivate me to achieve in the first place; muscular, preferably more beefy than lean. Werewolf features optional.
- I won like, one contest, and placed in two others.
- I got over 10,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- I realized just how bisexual I really am: like, 80/20 attracted to same sex / attracted to opposite sex ratio. (Numbers are based on strictly visual feedback alone.)
- My family's first pet I remember, Pepper, died shortly after New Year's Day. We adopted another puppy, Ellie, almost two months ago at an event- and we were the first to do so. We got applause! It was crazy.
- My significant other of four years broke up with me and caused me to pursue new growth. He's still one of my best friends, even if we don't talk as much as we should. I also discovered that I love him unconditionally, so I will always wish for his happiness and give him my support, even if I'm not part of that x + y = happy equation.
- I acquired my Associate's Degree for General Education. I'm currently working my Bachelors in Information Systems Technology, with a specialty in programming.
- My sister moved out of my home! So now I have two rooms I can choose to sleep or work in and it's been helping my mental health greatly.
So that's kind of a lot. Most of it isn't really news, moreso things I just haven't talked about here, really.
I have only vague plans for this account at the moment, but I don't want to just let this sit around lurking again, so here's a short list of things I've in store that are more concrete:
- Delete all of my old journal entries and start fresh. That's kind of done.
- Change my username to "nostraightanswer" or "nostr8answer" or some other variant, if I can.
- Delete any art that I'm embarrassed to look at now, because the things driving their creation are embarrassing in just that way, while leaving the art that remains but organizing it into a folder labeled "pre-reboot: 2010-2013" or whatever year range.
- Upload illustrations (and videos, if possible), here, at the very least to show I'm doing something, but usually to direct attention to newly completed work.
- Create and maintain proper references for Kenji Baionoto's design, as no official references exist yet.
- Write journals at least once a month.
And that's really it. I might also notify y'all in journals about commissions opening up, or song auctions, or cast highlights on other folks work.
Oh, and about my favorites... I wish I could clear most of them out or make them private, but honestly, if you decide to browse through them, keep an open mind and remember just how bisexual I am (see above). I won't lie and say it's just "references", I haven't drawn a thing since maybe a year or two ago. LMAO
I'll also try to communicate better here. Feel free to leave questions and comments on my journals, my page, or my work, and I'll do my best to, at the very least, respond to them within a week.
If you read this whole thing, thank you for taking the time! I hope to make lighter journals in the future.