UPDATE: All commission work is closed indefinitely, and all below information is outdated.I'm keeping this journal here for reference. If I ever choose to re-open, a link to the new info will be added.
(Be sure to watch my Status Updates to be notified about when slots open!)
Currently Available Slots
Commission Details and Pricing
All prices are in US dollars.
All payments must be made via PayPal, however you do not need to have a PayPal account to do so.
Prices may vary on a case-by-case basis. Please request a quote to get the exact price for your specific project.
- Vectors (will provide both image and vector source files)
- Simple (e.g. icon, pony cutie mark) - $15
- Reference image/sketch must be provided
- Moderate (e.g. single character) - ranging from $25 to $35
- 3D Models for the Source Engine (i.e. Garry's Mod & Source Filmmaker)
- Custom Props and More - starting at $15
- Exact pricing will be determined on a case-by-case basis according to the complexity of the model
- Anything overly complex may cost more or be refused
- Custom Pony Accessories & Skins - ranging from $15 to $25+
- Custom Pony OCs - ranging from $25 to $45+
- Basic model, provide your own cutie mark - $25
- A "basic" model is one that can be pieced together from existing model components. If you can put your pony together with the PonyLumen 3D Pony Creator, your model will likely fall into this category (though this cannot be guaranteed with all their fancy updates!). If you have mix-and-match mane front and back pieces, that's fine! If pieces don't quite work together (e.g. there's a gap between them / they're clipping into each other) don't worry! This price covers any minor modeling required to fix those little issues.
- For this option, you also must provide your own cutie mark. This must be a high resolution image (720 pixels or more) with a transparent background.
- Basic model, cutie mark vector by me - $30
- This option is the same as above, except that I will vectorize a show-style cutie mark for you. The mark will be used on your model AND given to you as its own image and vector file package.
- You are expected to give a suitable reference image off of which to create your cutie mark.
- Custom mane/tail - +$10 each
- Accessories & Skins - +$0 to $20 each
- Existing Source pony accessories can be included with your model free of charge
- Please see the "Custom Pony Accessories & Skins" information above
Looking for something else you don't see listed here? Send me a note and we'll talk!
- First, make sure that commissions are open and that there is a slot available for the type of commission you're requesting.
(Just check the Status section at the top! I always keep it updated.)
- Send me a note with the specifics! Put something about "Commissions" in the subject line. I will get back to you with a price quote and requests for anything else I need from you (references, option selections, etc).
- Please note: your slot is NOT necessarily guaranteed at this point. If you take a long time getting back to me, I may need to move forward with other customers. So keep an eye on your messages!
- Once the final terms and pricing are confirmed, you must provide an email address to which I will send the PayPal invoice and the files for the completed piece(s). (I prefer to email the files so I don't have to worry about how long I have to host them somewhere.)
- Payment must be received via PayPal within 72 HOURS after the invoice is sent, BEFORE any work begins, or your slot may be given to the next customer. (Remember, you don't need a PayPal account! The way I do it, it works like any other online purchase.)
- CHECK YOUR MESSAGES OFTEN! I will likely be sending you periodic updates, screenshot previews, and feedback requests. Many types of changes are easier to do at certain stages, so I like to get the work in progress approved before moving on to the next steps. If you take too long to respond, I may continue without you, and you may not get to give the direction you'd like. The sooner you get back to me, the sooner I can keep working, and the sooner you'll get your finished piece!
Additional Terms and Conditions(Also known as covering my butt.)
- Turnaround Time
- Unfortunately, I can't make any promises about how long any of my pieces may take. It is dependent on a lot of factors, including those out of my control. I will, however, do my best to keep you updated on where things are at.
- If you are ever concerned about the status of your commission, please message me! I check and respond to messages regularly, and I aim for transparency during this process. I'll tell you what's up.
- Payments and Refunds
- Keep in mind the 72 hour payment window noted in the steps above.
- If I need to cancel your order for reasons not pertaining to you, you will receive a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel your order for any reason after you have already paid, you will not receive a refund.
- I reserve the right to cancel your order at any time without a refund for reasons including but not limited to excessive change requests, excessive rudeness, or other harassment. (I really, really hope I never have to do this!)
- Rights to the Finished Piece
- I reserve the right to post and display (or choose not to display) the piece I have made for you.
Of course, if you have something in mind where you would like to keep the piece private until a later date (e.g. a model for an animation that you don't want to spoil beforehand), I am open to requests to do so!
- I reserve the right to potentially reuse portions of my own work in future pieces. (Because reinventing the wheel is silly.)
- The "full product" (i.e. full resolution images, vector files, model downloads, etc.) is reserved for myself and the commissioner (you) for personal use unless otherwise stated or requested.
- If you "re-post" the pieces I make for you, full product, preview or otherwise, I ask that you please credit me and link back to my profile and/or my submission of the piece.
- Please do not sell any form of the pieces I make for you.
- Regarding the use of resource/source type pieces (e.g. vectors, models, stuff that I would expect you to constantly reuse):
- You are not required to credit me for them every time you use them in your work. (It would be nice, but I realize how tedious that could be.)
- You are free to share them with other artists, including others you commission who may request that you provide such resources.
- If you wish to provide a public download of these resources, I will gladly host it. If you prefer to host it yourself, please credit me and link back to my profile and/or my submission of the piece.
- You can sell works that utilize these resources in them (e.g. prints of a scene using a model, prints of a pony with a cutie mark vector) but not derivative works of the same nature (e.g. decompiled/modified models, reworked vectors).
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. regarding any of the above, feel free to ask me! I'll be happy to discuss it with you.
Goodnight, but not Goodbye
... I know I've never been the most prolific artist. Ironically, now, when I try to do more... it seems I end up doing even less. Even over the last few months I've kept saying "oh look, here's a seasonal opportunity to make something for everyone!" I put all that pressure on myself.... After breaking down over it, yet again... I've decided I just can't do it right now. It's not that I don't love making things for you guys. I do, I really really do.... Don't think this is a dreaded case of "I'm moving on because I don't enjoy doing this anymore." There are just so MANY things I want to do, for here, for myself, and beyond. So I've ended up
The moment you've all been waiting for!
:meow: Good news everyone! At long last... I'm going to open commissions again! They are not open QUITE YET. This is just a heads up so you guys don't miss it! [EDIT: THE GATES ARE OPEN, GO GET EM!] I'm going to have just a few slots at a time, no additional waiting list, first-come-first-served. I want to be sure everyone gets a fair chance. I'll be officially opening them Wednesday. After I make the announcement, you're free to send in those Notes! Also, now that DeviantArt added these "Status Update" things, that seems like a much more appropriate avenue for brief updates about my commission status. (Fancy that.) So check your Watch
Once more to Bronyville!
Edit: If you missed the live show, you can watch the recording here! (Let us hope the technology gods are in our favor so the recording file doesn't corrupt itself this time.) Yes, I'm going to be a guest on the Bronyville podcast again this week! The crazy starts Saturday (the 30th) at 10pm Eastern/7pm Pacific. You can watch the live stream and join the chat here -> https://streamup.com/bronyville/ You can find the show's website and links to audio feeds here -> http://bronyshow.com/ And if we end up with an intact recording, I shall post links here as well! Come hang out with us! It should be a good time for all.
I'm Freeeee [Temporarily]
Whew, another particularly stressful semester down, one more to go! Winter break has come, and I am hastily packing for my flight home as I write this. So, odds are I'll probably actually make something again! At last! Although... I really have no idea what. Maybe I'll do a stream (that actually works this time). Or maybe I'll just end up playing games. Problem is, I have so MANY things I want to do. But so little time to do it. Even less time than this break would usually offer, because.... I'm also moving. Goodbye ice and snow of the east coast, hellooo sunny California, my home sweet home! Yesssss. It'll be good to be back in a lon