Amendments to "Terms & Agreement" of my stock:
I) I have removed the restriction on using my stock for premade backgrounds. You still need to give me credit for any stock used for this purpose. I DO NOT GIVE MY PERMISSION TO CUT OUT MY STOCK PHOTOS AND CLAIM THEM AS YOUR OWN STOCK!
II) I have removed the restriction on using my stock for book cover designs. You are still required to make significant changes to the stock photo you use. Changing the color, lighting, saturation, or using blending modes in Photoshop does not count as significant changes. So just popping a photo in the background of your book cover is NOT acceptable.
USING MY STOCK..
1. You must be an active member of DeviantART to use my stock.
2. You are required to credit me in the details of your deviation.
3. You are required to notify me with a link to your work by commenting on the original stock, or by note.
4. Your work should be posted to DeviantART first and foremost!
5. Outside reposting of your work to your own websites, personal blogs, FB, art forums, galleries etc is fine as long as you have submitted to DeviantART first, and notified and credited me -- see terms above.
6. Photomanipulations, digital paintings, mixed media works are all OKAY!
Please make significant alterations to my original stock so it is clear your work is a derivative.
7. Traditional and digital references are OKAY!
All traditional and digital artists are welcome to use my stock for pose, costume, fabric references, etc in your artwork. You are required to credit and notify me as per the terms above in all cases.
8. Use in your school, college, university work, portfolios is OKAY as long as you abide by the terms above! Please make sure you also follow the requirements your tutors, teachers lay out for crediting etc in academic work.
9. I HEREBY GRANT ALL DEVIANT ARTISTS PERMISSION TO USE MY STOCK IN ANY AND ALL DEVIANTART PRINTS WITHOUT RESTRICTION.
10. For all other website printing like redbubble etc or any commercial use please contact me first for permission!
PLEASE DO NOT...
I. DO NOT in any way, shape or form use any artwork or stock from my gallery for the following:
TUBING; LAYOUTS; BANNERS; GLITTER TAGS; SIGNATURE TAGS; "SECRETS"; WALLPAPERS BEING SHARED ON EXTERNAL SITES;
CREATION OF RP AVATARS; CHARACTER PROFILES; HORSE RPG SITE LAYOUTS; "PREMADE STOCK BACKGROUNDS"; "PRE CUT OUT STOCK"; "MOCK--PREMADE BOOK COVERS"; RACIST, POLITICAL, DEROGATORY, FETISH, NUDE WORK; COPYING; EDITING; PUBLISHING; OR REDISTRIBUTION
II. Permission will not be granted for any of the above.
If you are unsure please contact me by note on DA or by email – lormet16 at yahoo dot com to check. PLEASE DON'T JUST ASSUME IT WILL BE OK!
III. Do not submit my work with minor edits to the photography gallery as "touch ups" or "post edit work"-- Minor changes such as hue and saturation; post edits; HDR and B&W; dodging, burning, blending, touch ups with my stock is not permitted.
IV. Do not use my stock for "Premade Backgrounds"; for redistribution; or repost "cut out" versions of my stock under any circumstances.
V. I DO NOT allow work to be shared on external wallpaper sites such as Wallpapers.com or desktopnexus.com
VI. DO NOT USE my stock in any artwork that contains illegal or copyright infringing images taken from Google or other search engines, or celebrity photography.
Please refer to DA's FAQ for more information or the news article --
FAQ 217: What are "Stock and Resources" and can I use them in my submissions?
VII. DO NOT USE my stock with images taken from SXC.hu -- as of 10-03-2013, SXC has told all artists it is against their policies to make derivative works with their images unless you get explicit written permission from the copyright holder.
VIII. DO NOT USE my stock in any corporate contests run by DeviantART, or separately by outside companies and magazines. This does not include contests run by individuals or groups here on DA which are okay.
IX. Prints permission is only granted automatically for use on DeviantART. For all other printing please contact me directly.
My Stock is Copyrighted
A. My stock does not belong in the public domain, every piece submitted to my deviantart gallery is protected by copyright law. The license I provide, as detailed on this page, is for DA members only.
B. Just because not all my stock has a visible copyright watermark does NOT mean that they are not subject to copyright.
C. Please do not redistribute my stock in whole or part without explicit written permission from myself.
D. DeviantART, its owners etc do not own the copyright to my stock or artwork submitted to this site.
E. It remains MY option to remove, change or amend any or all of my stock and rules at anytime.