Ok, I just have to address this because it is actually more serious than the people who do this might think, and it is stressing me the fuck out that people actually do shit like this.
(Nevermind my cursing by the way, it's just the way I write)
This is not flattering. There's a difference between "being inspired" by someone and downright ripping them off.
And this is what I want to talk about today. Because, you know, art theft in the way that someone just reposts my drawings somewhere, that I can handle, in fact the good folks of this "fandom" I guess have been awesome enough to notify me whenever they see people repost my art and often it solves it to just contact them and give a friendly reminder that, "thanks for the appreciation but please link to my page and give credit, otherwise this is kinda rude" But this is different.
I'm talking about when artists copy your style, trace/eyeball your artwork and poses, create characters that are similar to yours in looks, personality
Another year has come to an end. Although I was experiencing some rough time coming to the end of 2017, I had some good times too, especially during the beginning and mid-way in 2017. *wistful*
BTW, it's raining here in Singapore, since the eve of 2018/ last day of 2017. Anyway, more features:
Oh! and my first quarter resolutions for the year:
- finish reading Elemental by Brandon Ax
- tidy up my locker
- Watch The Shape Of Water movie (no spoilers, please!)
- draw something for a friend in exchange for the metallic bookmark she gave me
- Look out for the highly anticipated Chinese drama Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace
Can't believe I actually forgotten to type my July & August resolutions DX Anyway I'll type the resolutions for the rest of the year.
- Go on an outing with my colleagues
- Settle some things at work
- Finish reading Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
- (what else am I going to do in September???)
- Borrow books from the library
- Save up for AFA2017
- Watch Thor: Ragnorak (I can do this somewhere in early November as well)
-Buy Elementals by Brandon Ax from amazon.com
- Sketch something and colour it before my friend Audrey's wedding
- Attend AFA2017!!!